Covers for the SBL

Can anyone advise on who to contact to purchase new replacement driver covers for the SBL loudspeakers. Naim don’t do them and probably outsourced them in the first place.

Tom Tom audio might be worth a check?

1 Like

1 Like

The ones from Tom Tom are excellent. There used to be cheaper ones available on the Bay if you want to search for them.

We have the TT replacements for our SBLs, very high quality and fit fantastic. I seem to remember reading there was a change in manufacturing regulations with the material making them more difficult / expensive to make.

Martin

2 Likes

I recall it being about no longer being able to use hot wires to cut them, as it releases nasty chemicals. Goodness knows what impact it had on those who made things from foam before the regs changed. The Tom Tom grilles are as close to the originals as you can get, and worth the money. Some cheaper alternatives have flat backs and therefore touch the drive units, which should be avoided.

1 Like

I bought some cheapies from ebay. They were recessed behind. I was happy with the fit and the look for the spend. Check with the vendor before you buy. All depends how much of an absolute perfectionist you are…

1 Like

As Always Gentlemen - a big thankyou to you all for your excellent responses and guidence.
Nigel

I have ones from eBay (the vendor lives somewhere in the West Country).

Mine are recessed. IIRC, around sixty quid.

They do the job.

ordered the ones from TomTom pricey but should outlast me!

2 Likes

1102A4E4-5339-4250-9C47-31049FDE3623

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.