Cricket

Just to cheer you up further Pete it’s raining in London this morning. Has been for a few days. And the only thing we have to look forward to today is a budget later on where we all know we are going to end up paying more tax.

1 Like

God that’s so sad, even I’m starting to feel sorry for you guys.

Playing Australia should always be something special - i never thought the schedulers could debase it like this. I’m watching it but curiously unengaged - it shows disrespect to Australia. Something I never thought I’d say.

Unfortunately it’s because the schedules are so crowded, that mongrel child T20 (and the even stupider 100) is ruining cricket imo.

1 Like

And isn’t there an England v Pakistan test series starting in December? Thank goodness we can all agree that the recent T20 World Cup was the truest and only measure of which country really is on top.

1 Like

No.

I wonder if BT Sport is the ‘Jonah’ element for the England cricket team :grin:

e.g. when they bought the rights to the Test series many years ago, England got stuffed and this ODI ain’t going well!

not much love for Warner amongst Australians either - nor South Africans - looking forward to him playing in the Ashes again- 5 below and out

Well done Australia. Onwards and upwards England. Lick your wounds, lessons learned etc etc.

1 Like

With due respect I’m not sure where you get that idea that most Aussies don’t have much love for DW. Most Australians I know were appaIled by how they were treated in England last tour actually English people I know felt the same as well. We were all completely disappointed by their actions in SA and believe they were give harsh (but probably fair) penalties, least the Australian authorities dealt with it properly most other players that have been caught usually get a slap on the wrist. All 3 have suffered financially professionally and more importantly emotionally. The constant abuse that is levelled at these players, DW in particular says more about the public than it does about the ball tempering. Apart from NZ every other national team had been caught tampering the ball in one way or the another and/or fixing games. So unless their Kiwis I think they’re living in glass houses.

I think it’s time to move on.

1 Like

Personally I think DW should be banned, or at least fined, for inflicting that Moustache on the paying public. Criminal taste!!!

1 Like

He’s come to clean the pool. :grin:

We can all agree on that.

1 Like

It’s an Australian tradition. The Black Caps have their mullets.

True think of Dennis Lillee.

1 Like

If we are focussing on facial hair, Merv Hughes has to be the biggest culprit of all.

1 Like

Absolute schocker

Still is I might add probably even worse now

1 Like

Think the funniest thing I’ve ever seen in cricket was the crowd at the G warming up behind Merv. Still makes me laugh and others have tried to copy it but never succeeded. Classic.

Wish we still had that kind of humour in cricket.

1 Like

Very good. :+1:

1 Like

Yep pretty funny

Im happy not to linger on history, I was merely relating the views of the vast majority of Australian cricket lovers in my circles - perhaps I should have been more specific.

1 Like