Cricket

Starts today, might be quite good.

1 Like

Australia are 113 for 1 in 6 overs. Oh dear.

What a surprise! Umpires take England and Sri Lanka off for bad light at the Oval. They really have to sort this out. What is the point of floodlights?

It didn’t look dangerous to me.

1 Like

The forecast isn’t promising for the next few days, with heavy cloud (leaden skies), and likely more than a little rain in the south/SE of England. I think the rule remains that the floodlights must complement natural light (which they are probably rated for in any event), rather than ‘being the light’.

Gorgeous day oop North.

1 Like

Lucky person , it has come down in torrents here

There was a T20 match (Surrey V Durham ) on Tuesday played in the evening

It is incredibly grey in my part of the Sarf Of England at this moment

Having watched the first three bore fests - that were the first three Vitality T20 , Birmingham V Gloucester was superb

3 Likes

Tony Banks on TMS … feet up and listen.

3 Likes

He talks fast.

1 Like

Don’t know why , that match isn’t going anywhere quickly

2 Likes

Selectors force Moeen to retire from international cricket.

"Moeen had daft moments, of course. He’d admit them himself.

But only five men have taken 200 Test wickets and scored 3,000 runs for England.

Ben Stokes, Ian Botham, Andrew Flintoff, Stuart Broad and Moeen Ali." BBC.

A nice club to be in.

2 Likes

I think Mooen will be greatly missed but it is clear he was coming to the end. Certainly one of my favourites and a genuine all rounder

My spill chucker won’t miss him as he always comes out as Mooed rather than Mooen

2 Likes

Was he forced? At 37, and having been overlooked for the next games, I would say his time is up - albeit, he’s still very able. It seems to me, the selectors are now changing the old guard, noting recent results haven’t been great, and there’s a pressing issue to develop younger players across all the formats.

4 Likes

Good to see

3 Likes

England batting like they are a pub side, again.

1 Like

Yup, throwing this one away now…

Sri Lanka getting what they deserve. England too you might say.

After a decent D1 England have looked like they think the series is over, they have lacked intensity and application.

Bruce

Smith turning the tide. Impressive, and some odd tactics from SL.

3 Likes

Hawkeye. How accurate is it?

I took a screenshot of Root’s LBW from yesterday. It looked very out in real time. However when reviewed the Hawkeye ball tracking looks very odd to me. The ball hit his foot on the full. The technology then decided that the ball changes direction by about 20 degrees. How can this be, or is it just my brain doing odd things?