DAC-V1 Firmware, help needed, thanks

Hello,

can someone tell me please if my DAC-V1 is DSD capable?
Thanks,
M.

I believe you need the 1.6 update as it looks like you are on 1.5. Getting this from Naim’s recently decimated website seems to be no longer possible as far as I can tell, so maybe talk to your dealer.

I’ve just seen on an older webpage of my dealer’s website that the firmware version for DSD was 1.16. Shouldn’t 1.5 be good?

Thanks,
M.

Here you go

Specifically https://media.focal-naim.com/naim/file_manager_files/pages/legal/updates/d-to-a-converter1.pdf

It’s a link to a PDF, which links to downloads, 1.16 for the DAC V1 included

[Edit, the updates page contains a link to a PDF which links to two further pages, one with a further link to download the installer, one with another link to download the update…]

1.5, 1.6, 1.7, 1.8, 1.9, 1.10, 1.11… 1.16… 1.50

Depends how their versioning works, 1.5 could be a long way behind 1.16

Thanks. That 1.15 is newer than 1.5 is, to me, counterintuitive… It’s not decimals but a liner sequence independent of the comma.
Downloaded. I hope to be able to do it without messing up everything…
M.

1 Like

I’ve updated the firmware successfully. Thanks very very much to you and to ChrisSu.

1 Like

This is just the way that software/firmware updates are labelled. It’s not just Naim. It’s what everyone does. The number doesn’t stop at 9. It goes on 10, 11, 12, 13, etc

And if they want a small update then they add a full stop and the next update.

So after 1.9 you can have 1.9.1 if it’s a small change or 1.10 if it’s a bigger change. A really big change it could go to 2.0

1 Like

This is from mine, which is at the latest version.

@davidhendon

Thanks, it’s clearer now. And I should be used to it, with a Mac, two iPhones and an iPad. :slight_smile:

@stewartg

That’s how mine looks now too, thanks. :slight_smile:

2 Likes