Dac v1 v ndx

Has anybody tried a Chromecast Dongle into a DAC V1? …would effectively turn it into a Roon addressable streamer wouldn’t it?

Would need male <> female USB converter - and I wonder if the USB socket on the back of the DAC V1 is powered, but should work right?

I’ve got a nice 555 Downstairs which I exclusively use ROON on (I love it) and have been rearranging my office system, and this just occurred to me!

Hi, I’m not sure if the USB input of the V1 would support that. Also, I don’t think Chromecast is the best way to use Roon for sound quality. Maybe worth using a direct connection from your Roon Core to the V1, maybe SPDIF depending on what connections are available on your hardware.

1 Like

Not sure if the Chromecast facilitates asynchronous access to data via its output. If not, then it will not work.

Roon Core configs. may make it possible, have you checked out community.roonlabs.com?

1 Like

Hi. Having used a MM into Dac V1, via a decent usb lead, for a long time, then home demo’d (& purchased) ND5xs BT - the xs completely trounced the MM/V1 - about to add a ‘preloved’ XPS (2): can’t wait :blush:

Don’t waste you’re money, even on a second hand XPS, I have compared both the DAC v1 against the NDX and the difference is zilch, what pre amp are you using?

1 Like

The ‘preloved’ (2003) xps ‘killed’ the sound on the nd5xs, it went straight back & I got a wonderful deal with the dac v1 & nd5xs; I’m now the proud owner of an NDXbt.
Using with: 202 (napsc fatcap xs - which, when funds allow, will be traded up for hicap) 200 into ATC sc11’s.
Going back to the original question: having used the Dac V1, as good as it is; a quality streamer is FAR better :blush:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.