David Crosby RIP

RIP David Crosby, I dreamed with CSNY. His masterpiece to remember him…

4 Likes

A time to every purpose, under Heaven. RIP.

1 Like

Very sad news. Some of his more recent albums have been really good as well as his classic stuff from the 60’s & 70’s.

1 Like

An absolute legend who was able to remain relevant across the years; a sad loss. RIP David. He certainly had a life worth living.

1 Like

Oh no another great artist who I have enjoyed since The Byrds through CSN&Y and then as a solo artist who in the last couple of decades came back with some great LPs and gigs.

R.I.P.

2 Likes

RIP sir. Actually knew very little about his career until his great 2014 album “Croz”

1 Like

There is already a thread on this subject. Perhaps @Richard.Dane would consider the merits of combining…

I checked, couldn’t see one

Ruined my night and listening, RIP, cant believe this

1 Like

Very sad news indeed! Funny, I was walking past the Royal Albert Hall last night on my way to the RCM and was remembering some concerts there in the past, and I recalled the wonderful show 30 years or so ago with Crosby, Stills, and Nash. Thanks for the wonderful music Croz. Farewell.

7 Likes

First play of the day.

G

3 Likes

From Joan Baez

13 Likes

He seemed to discover a new rich seam of new music at a time of life when most musicians settle back and play their greatest hits. Working with his son James Raymond he’s released some wonderful music over the past dozen years. RIP

2 Likes

Lovely Tribute❤️

2 Likes

Cros’s loss has hit me hard. I loved his work with the Byrds and CSNY, and his later work over the last decade or so has been superb. He came over as a good guy who was true to himself. A major loss to the music world, RIP Cros.

9 Likes

So many memories of him in my youth.R.I.P.

1 Like

Very sad. A pop rock legend.
I very often listen to his album " Croz".

3 Likes

‘Almost Cut My Hair’ is a stone cold classic. Play it as loud as possible and sing along as loud as possible. God I love that song.

8 Likes

Been working on Triad this afternoon beautiful chords - Crosby had the gift to come up with these amazing chords. Start off with a harmonic on the 12th fret.

Em9 F#m9/E Em9 F#m9/E
You want to know, how it will be
Em9 F#m9/E Em9 F#m9/E
Me and her, or you and me
F#m7 Cmaj7
You both sit there, with your long hair
flowin’
F#m7 Cmaj7
Your eyes are alive, your mind’s still
growin’
F#m7

2 Likes