Dedicated Mains

I am in the US and did dedicated ground grids, too. 3 x 8’ rods driven into the ground 8’ apart, soldered together. I did two of these in my tube mono block days. One should do it for Naim, unless you have a Statement. This is what hospitals do in the US for their low-noise electricity and it has made a difference at our house.

1 Like

I had a dedicated circuit put in six years or so ago before I joined this forum! It was just an extra circuit using a 32A Type 2. It deals with the occasional trip on other circuits which causes all the power supplies to come on at the same time. It’s a 500 system.

Like @Richieroo I am preparing for EV (possibly with V2H) and Solar PV. I had ASHP installed mid May so no spare circuit s now (17 as 13 + 4 on two CUs). So a third CU will be added and the inverter equipment and immersion moved to it as well as EV charger, Solar PV, battery and another garage.

One question about the HiFi, which shows a 100mA RCD. Is this allowed?

I will also have an earth rod upgrade as it is close to foundations and I think it will work better deeper and further away. Three rods @Skip! Electrician said he could earth the dedicated supply at the socket.

Any thoughts?

Phil

I got a silver plated garage consumer unit and unswitched sockets from tm3 connections

@Filipe

3x8’ rods for the front end and 3x8’ rods for the power amp. I have an extra grid now that I moved to Naim, but my Joule Electra tube rig needed the extra to clean up the sound. My electrician had grown up in a HAM radio family and managed the electrical connection for the hospital down the hill. He said then that I have enough ground for a 4 story building. You can hear the difference but it is a commitment. Lord knows what it would cost in today’s price environment.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.