Deepest Bass

Turn up loud and feel the rumble

3 Likes

Do you mean ā€˜deepestā€™ bass or loudest or most pronounced or best recorded??
I know some of the previously listed albums such as Genesis, Roger Waters etc have loud & pronounced, but not sure the deepest.
The lowest a 4 string bass & acoustic bassā€™s are normally tuned to E1 (41Hz) , a 6 string is G0 (30Hz) & some church/concert organs can go below human hearing. Outside of that it means the recorded bass is changed in the mixing desk or from a Synth.
Whatever, I have a real low bass suggestion from a record that might surprise youā€¦
Enya (yes you read it right) the Enya album Watermark, Track 10 has bass down to 20Hz, problem is are your speakers up for it.

To my tastes - I think itā€™s something you feel - something prominent in the mix, and something probably synthetic - eg big slabs of synth bass.

Iā€™m thinking itā€™s something at the edge of hearing - so sub 30hz - something that most systems would roll off and you might be oblivious to. Thatā€™s why I really like the Higher Intelligence Agency track I posted. Only the lucky few get to hear that bassline - itā€™s SO low.

Yes - for me the deepest bass is always synthetic. Some people will probably say ā€œchurch organ!!ā€ - but do people actually listen to that - possibly - but itā€™s not for me!

Many a night spent at the Warehouse! ā€¦itā€™s a great track too :+1:t2:

1 Like

That would be perfect! :joy::joy:

I kind of struggle with this - Iā€™ve head it, but it just smacks of ā€œHi-Fi Show Demo Discā€ - we like Naim gear, surely we all like our Bass to groooooove?! :joy::joy:

1 Like

Damn it, and I thought VNV Nation, Immersed had something to do with bass (e.g. starting at 04:50). :joy:

1 Like

The Telarc 24 bit SACD recording I have to play at an unrealistically low level for the orchestra so that the canons to not make lethal projectiles out of the bass conesā€¦ Iā€™m not so sure it is the depth of bass as such, just the very considerably higher level signal.

1 Like

I find the track Lament from the album Night song by Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan & Michael Brook proves a satisfying bass workout

Oh yes. I even got my degree in it.

It gives a mighty feeling to bring such a piece alive in a cathedral. It must feel a bit like driving a F1 car. Touch one key and the entire space is alive.

Thatā€™s a very cool video to be fair. But my foot remained resolutely untapped!

1 Like

I am not sure it was that recordingā€¦ but yes the bass energy coupled with higher frequencies of a canon firing is certainly a good test of speaker and amp. :grinning:

Propellerheads - Bigger?

Bizarre - was listening to the Depeche Mode track on K&D sessions - trying to tune in my subs after a room move - when I saw this thread. More tunes to try out :). Perhaps when my wife is out.

Some immediate thoughts:

Bjorkā€™s Hyperballad

James Blake - Limit To Your Love

Trentemoller - Chameleon

2 Likes

A track that really gets cones moving is ā€˜Limit to your loveā€™ by James Blake. A cover of a Feist song with enormous amounts of sub bass. I can imagine a few speakers have been damaged listening to that one!

1 Like

SUCH a great remix - and yes - amazing bass!

Two posts in a row have reminded me of this. Iā€™d totally forgotten it - great sub bass wobbles as I recall!

1 Like

Iā€™d forgotten about that - yes - definitely my thang, and HOOGE Bass wobbles in there. Will revisit!

Blimey Matt with your system Iā€™d be worried about my windows!

2 Likes

Also

Take your pick with Aphex but this one springs to mind first.

Ditto with DnB

Watch your cones wobble

4 Likes