Deepest Bass

What a great idea! …amazing job :+1:t2::+1:t2:

If you get a chance to add this in all its glory @Joamato - that would be awesome

https://open.qobuz.com/track/55009019

(Delta by Higher Intelligence Agency)

Done :white_check_mark:

1 Like

Hero!

If I can be super picky - it’s the DUB version of Bug Powder Dust that will remove not only your teeth, but your neighbours teeth too…

https://open.qobuz.com/track/8714852

…that one :point_up::blush::tooth::tooth::tooth:

1 Like

It wasn’t me - but I wish it was - Leeds is my home town, and the Warehouse was somewhere I believe I spent a lot of time :star_struck: …it’s still there, although I’m not.

1 Like

I also added Angel from Massive Attack‘s Mezzanine album

2 Likes

Not exactly bass, but for great drum sounds, try Hospital Food by Eels. Great track.

Thanx for the recommendation. Not really a title for the bass list - but a candidate for my Qobuz favourites.

1 Like

A couple of tracks always do it for me (and ones I use if I’m testing any kit)
“O Vazio” by Jim Brock on the “Tropic Affair” album

Langlais " Hymne d’actions de grâce" (played by Langlais on the grand organ of Saint Clotilde)

1 Like

Listening now - epic stuff on here - love the team effort behind this too!

Sail away by David Gray has some very low notes.

Same here
“I love you” Sarah mcclachlan from the album Surfacing

1 Like

Another Jamie XX production. Just listened to it and felt worthy for this thread. Starts off with an already low kickbass and then at around 2 mins drops even lower.

Obvs on all streaming platforms, but if you’ve not seen its utterly brilliant video before, here it is

3 Likes

Definitively. I saw him live in Luxembourg a couple of years ago :sunglasses:

1 Like

The making off video is worthwile watching as well!

1 Like

Not sure if it’s been mentioned but a surprising track both from a bass perspective and overall production is Avril Lavigne - skaterboi. The main bass note must be somewhere around 35hz or so and is seemingly isolated from the rest of the beat so its both loud and surprisingly deep in comparison to the rest of the track. Very well mastered aswell.

1 Like

Another shout for deep bass is Arcade Fire - the suburbs - the suburbs (continued) which is the last track of the album. It’s a hauntingly beautiful fade out and I really wish the “normal” track was a full length version of this. Anyway the bass note goes nice and deep and really underpins the track, for all of 30 seconds. Shame.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.