Delete and cover art issue on Uniti Core

Hi Folks, I face below problems on Uniti Core, any advise and comment ?

1. I cannot delete the album on the app after rip the cd.
  2. Perform factory reset on Unitit Core but still cannot delete the album on app.
  3. Some album cover art does not display after factory reset Core. (Before is no this issue)
  4. Tried rebuild the music database, same has problem.

Is it the software bug ? Any Core’s software will release soon ?

Thanks a lot !!!

marcobb0312

Hi Marco, if you have ripped a cd with the Core it should delete it. Open the album in the App, there are three dots in the top right hand corner. Press these and a list of functions scrolls down, press delete and follow the instructions.
As for cover art being displayed i sometimes find the Core may take a few hours to display this from time to time, not a clue why or what is going on.
Any other suggestions @davidhendon?

Hi Gazza,

I already used the app and follow your advise before, it is not work.

Thanks for your advise.

marcobb0312

I think David Hendon may be on vacation. Might be worth sending an email to Naim for advice.

1 Like

Hi Gazza,

I had sent email to naim support for this issue, wait them update.

I suspect it is software issue, so strange :face_with_head_bandage:

Thanks,
marcobb0312

I have been away @Gazza ! But I’m back now.

Not being able to delete an album you have ripped is a known bug that sometimes pops up. Naim have a fix for this which I would expect in the next firmware release.

Artwork not showing up, when it was there before, normally means a factory reset to fix. You could try a second factory reset. Are you doing it right? I think I remember someone having difficulty getting the factory reset to work and had to keep the power button pressed in not just until the USB light flashed but until there was a mechanical noise from the unit (I forget what noise but maybe the optical drive initialising).

The Core often takes a while to find artwork and sometimes never does, although you can always add it by editing the metadata. But once you have it, it should stick.

I don’t know when Naim will release new firmware for the Core and beta testers aren’t allowed to say what they do know anyway, but perhaps I’m not too much out of order if I say that I hope it will be before too long.

Best

David

1 Like

Hi David,

I had factory reset again, no good news, cannot fix the cover art issue and cannot detete the album on app.

I am waiting naim support reply for email now.

Best,
marcobb0312

Deleting the album on the app isn’t going to be fixed by the restart, but if you can just ignore the rip you don’t want then that will be sorted in a firmware update soon I am sure.

But I don’t know about your album art problem so would be interested to know what Naim support advise if you were willing to post in due course.

Best

David

Hi, Naim Support replied as below.

Delete Album Issue

We are aware of the album delete not working for certain albums and this has been fixed with the next software release.

Cover Art Issue

The album art not displaying correctly will also be solved with the next update. The software is currently undergoing testing and will be released very soon. I do not have an exact date, but I’ve been assured that it won’t be long.

Hope they release the software as soon as possible :roll_eyes:

Regards,
marcobb0312

Good! Fingers crossed then!
Best
David

1 Like

Hi David,

But I feel their software development progress is very slow, hope they can make it fast.

Best Regards,
marcobb0312

They have a lot to do across the product range and they really hate releasing firmware with known problems and they really hate releasing furmware with new problems. That’s why it’s slow. Anyway keep the faith!

The delete rip problem is fixed. But I’m not sure what they are doing about cover art.

Best

David

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.