Delete Option on the Core for none ripped albums

Hi All,
I have trolled the forum on this issue and found many topics relating to my particular issue (now closed). This issue was all mainly down to my over enthusiastic transfer of files from a USB to my shiny new Core. I seem to have 3 albums that come up with “Error” in the title and I cannot for the life of me delete them. All the other threads on this topic are from middle of the year and discuss “HQ being aware, and fixing it in a update” Does anyone know if this has happened or is going to happen any time soon? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated, I cannot continue to look at these 3 albums with an error message! I have noted that if it’s a ripped album the delete option is available, but alas, not imported. btw, I have no “Download” directory which seems to crop up on many of the previous threads.
Many thanks
A

You will find that all of the imported albums that don’t have a delete option are actually in the downloads folder. You can’t see this in the app, which is why you don’t think you have one.

To delete imported files you need to use a PC or Mac and look for the Core in the network. You should be able to see the Music folder and the Downloads folder. You can modify or delete the files in the music folder with the app, but you can’t alter anything about the files in the downloads folder with the app.

Look on the Naim website for the Core user support wizard. That tells you how to access the downloads folder and then either delete or modify the metadata for files that are in there.

Best

David

David,
followed your direction, and hey presto. Deleted. I should look for answers a little more thoroughly next time.
Thanks for taking the time. I’m back in love with the core.
Have a great weekend.
A

2 Likes

Very good news! Thanks for letting me know. If you have any more problems, do come back here and ask because one of us may well be able to help.

Best

David

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.