Deleting files from UnitiCor

Thanks Chris
The only problem I have with that method is I have around 1000 albums that have been ripped directly into Uniti Core
I would lose them if l follow your instructions

Do you not have those albums in your backup? While I don’t think you can restore anything from the backup drive now, you could manually copy them to the Downloads folder.

Yes, I have backup but I am trying to keep the original rips in the music folder

Putting the backup copies in the Downloads folder will be just the same as using the original rips. The only difference is that you would need to use a third party metadata editor instead of the one in the Naim app, but that is arguably an advantage if you do need to make any changes…

Thanks Chris
Looks like that is the solution

Hi again Chris
I thought i might buy another HDD and save the original just in case
Is Seagate Pipeline/Video 2TB the best option?

Naim support has history of giving this exact wrong advice before, even saying to the recipient forum member that the downloads folder was not intended to be accessed over the home network. I suspect there is one member of staff there who has this misunderstanding. I remember suggesting to Clare that the said person, whoever it is, should read Naim’s own on line advice on the matter!

I can understand that you would want to save the hassle of deleting the whole drive and starting again, as it could take a while, but I suspect it’s the best (if not only) way to get everything working smoothly again. Not sure that you need a new drive though. David may have some suggestions too.

I already made a couple of suggestions earlier in the thread.

It’s one of those “I wouldn’t start from here” situations.

But it ought to be possible to address the Core over the network as intended by the designer, then copy the errant files in the Music/MQ folder, paste them into the downloads folder and then delete them from the Music/MQ folder using the Naim app. If it were me, I would copy and paste to a holding folder on my PC rather than the Core, then delete the albums using the Naim app and then move them from the holding folder to the downloads folder. That would minimise the risk of confusion as to which is which.

Best

David

Is there any chance in a future UnitiCore software development, that a method to allow deletion of files in the Music folder could be added?
It would be a huge benefit if it could

Sorry, no idea. I can tell you how to do it on a Unitiserve. Perhaps if Naim eventually return to producing adequate documentation for their products such basic information will be readily available.

I haven’t read the whole thread again, but the correct way to delete an album in the Core’s music folder is to open the album folder in the app, tap the three dots in the top right of the screen (this is IOS, but I assume Android would have a similar function). This opens a drop down menu and “delete album” is near the bottom of the list.

Best

David

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.