Different Interconnects on New Classic

Just out of curiosity has anyone dabbled or listened to any other interconnects between NSC 222 and NAP 250 instead of those provided by Naim. Sorry in advance if this goes against rules or doctrine?

They are standard XLR cables so the world is your oyster here (and they don’t carry power so you don’t fall foul of forum rules). From a recent post by @Skeptikal, the standard supplied XLR cables appear to stick to the traditional 3 core mains cable that Naim favours for these applications.

Chord seem to have the range from mild to wild pricing covered and i’m sure your friendly local dealer will be able to lend you some cables to try out and compare to the Naim supplied cables.

1 Like

I was wondering the same thing. The OEM balanced cables seem a bit cheap to me. It looks like AVO here in the states offer an upgraded option for $2K USD.

1 Like

I’d wondered about something from Chord - I’m using Epic as power cables and was thinking this or perhaps next one up Signature but I was kinda hoping someone might have taken the plunge and could perhaps relate their thoughts?

1 Like

There’s no reason why good cables need be expensive…

1 Like

Well I can think of a reason but it doesn’t benefit the consumer. :smiley:

1 Like

It is not lost on me that when I first got into Hifi, you could have picked up a Linn/Grace/Supex/32/Snaps/250/Briks for under 2K and be left with a tidy chunk of change. But of course then, cables were freebies and simply tossed in with the system. Nobody ever could have predicted that those freebie cables would eventually cost more than the entire top end Linn/Naim system.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.