Din 5 to 4 rca for tape in and out

I want to make my own DIN 5 to dual RCA connectors to connect my 82 to a tape deck for play and record. Does anyone know what 4 conductor cable I can use? I have the DIN and RCA connectors. Any guidance would be appreciated. Thank you.

Just buy one, save the hassle.

3 Likes

This cable is probably the most difficult of all to make. Not a challenge I would taken on. But YMMV…

I have no idea what cable you should use. Sorry.

I would agree with @Neilb1906 .

It really is not worth the trouble making one as you need to get 4 individual screened cables into the din plug and solder them on. If you want a naim locking plug they are usually available secondhand if you are not fussy there are plenty of new ones on line at various prices.

I bought a cheap one for about £10.
Works fine.

Thank you all very much - not encouraging but perhaps good realistic advice I will take. Also, the comments at least somewhat justify the $650 USD price I was quoted for such a connector here in the colonies. Thank you all again. P. S. I did buy the inexpebsive one on ebay uk but it is very short.

That’s expensive! They are fiddly but not that fiddly!
This one is £26.50 for 1m length plus shipping.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.