Direct stacking

Some designs need to make well considered compromises to achieve optimum results.

47+ years of naim experience of numerous R&D staff know what works best for their products.

1 Like

Ok easy one. Why are they not consistent in the amplitude of ziiiiing if this is a Naim feature?

He’s demonstrated his obviously exceptional insight into HiFi design on numerous occasions so I’d happily bow to his opinion. I’m amazed Naim don’t have him on an expensive consultancy arrangement…

Out of curiosity, why do you still use Naim if their design is “faulty”?

1 Like

I put a turntable weight on top of the chassi to remove the zing on my 272. My 250DR is silent. Would I prefer the metal to not zing at all? Absolutely. Do I understand people defending this random unique feature? Nope.

I’ve never heard a zing and mine are stacked incorrectly

Ok, I’m a healthy grown up doing a frequency sweep with my voice :joy:. Put on your headphones and listen to the Naim zing. If you like it then fine. I don’t so I add a turntable weight to remove it. This zing is heard if I pause a track too and will of course also color played music. Added reverberation.

Barking…

1 Like

Have you been smoking those funny Dutch cigarettes again? :joy:

1 Like

Send me some please :grin: Things we do for HIFI…

I can confirm that to my ear, duh duh duhhh…

…stacked is better than side by side!!

Side by side was thin and vapid. Stacked is much fuller and livelier.

Of course, maybe it’s the characteristics of the teak sideboard that make it thus.

image|375x500

1 Like

The problem isn’t the things on the side of your head, it’s what’s between them.
Which is notoriously unreliable.

But if something sounds better to you, by all means enjoy it! And enjoy the experimenting of course :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Having had the NAP150x serviced (Class A - excellent), I now have the amps side my side and it is much better than stacked. There was clearly something missing with the power amp before it was serviced.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.