Disappointed!

Nice taste in music!!

Youā€™d have to listen to them. It would sound dreadful if they werenā€™t working.

Iā€™d have to listen to another unit but it sounds to me like thereā€™s no top end, the sound is compressed!!

Can you hear them when you put your ear close to them?

Musos sound great out of the box. Thereā€™s no run in time. Youā€™re doing something wrong or the unit is defective. Thatā€™s it.

1 Like

No.

Interesting I have a gen 1 Muso and it sounds great. It might need to run in as others have stated or maybe you were expecting more out of a one box solution.

Hi
I have had a mk1 for some time now. I took it to my daughterā€™s to show her how great it is; it sounded awful, using Spotify via android phone, in her house! her Spotify had been set up via my granddaughters iphone, she went to her settings & used it via her Samsung music app & there it was: the gorgeous sound I knew it could produce. I do think it does depend on the source & I really hope you get it sorted. Did you hear it/one before you purchased; did it sound good then?

1 Like

Only briefly at the shop as there was TVs on and other things, but I liked what I heard!!

What a difference that made!! Put music on a USB memory stick and all now sounds great.
Peace has now been restored, thanks everyone for your input.

6 Likes

Try some of the hires radio stations that are available in the app, Radio Paradise etc, they should sound good. If using Spotify make sure itā€™s set to the highest bit rate (320k)

Good, but that hasnā€™t sorted the streaming issue from Spotify.

Sounds like you should get it swapped out!

Iā€™m not sure if @Aristellier has a Spotify Premium account? Without it the sound quality is rather rubbishā€¦

I will bow to your knowledge on thatā€¦I do not use it

The standard bitrate is 160k i think, which is really poor. On premium it is up to 320k, which for a lot of people seems to work quite well. When i used Premium on my main system, iā€™d say that about 7 out of 10 albums sounded good enough for me to enjoy them fully. Some albums just donā€™t translate well to lossy formats, like live concerts or complex jazz.

Itā€™s possible that the Mu-Soā€™s require Premium anyway, so in that case this wouldnā€™t really play a roleā€¦

1 Like

I would suggest that you take out a free trial subscription to Qobuz or Tidal and see what their lossless services sound like. I always found Spotify and other lossy material dull and uninspiring on a Naim streamer

3 Likes

Itā€™s surprising what you find out by looking and listening to others, checked Spotify streaming settings and it was set at ā€˜Lowā€™ set it to the top rate and now all sounds good in the Tellier home. I will try tidal though just to see!!!

11 Likes

Iā€™ve got lots of issues with streaming but the one thing Iā€™ve never had any doubt about is the sound quality of my Qb Mk1. Out the box, plonked on the kitchen work top right next to the wall sounds great.

Regards,

Lindsay

4 Likes

That has to be placement. The dresser is hollow. Try setting it on the floor or on a solid base. My Qb is sitting on a folded foam mattress. Itā€™s firm and dampens the bass so my neighbors donā€™t sue me. But, this little Qb V1 ROCKS. Almost too much bass. Amazes me you havenā€™t enjoyed yours. Placement. Damn. I was going to buy one but just yesterday bought a Uniti Atom and Focal 816sā€¦

2 Likes