DIY interconnect

Thank you for that tip. I bought a soldering iron years ago with the intention of training and learning. However I haven’t done it. Now asking my friend to teach me is a brilliant idea and fun.

I have made a number of interconnects over the years in my naim based AV based system. As a matter of fact I recently tried 3 different sets of interconnects between blu-ray player and AV2. All were well run in (all used for over 12m in different locations) and between

Chord Cameleon silver, Belden 8412 (tinned copper) and Sharkwire. I still prefer sharkwire, a tad more dynamic a little better with transients and bass weight and also tonally a bit more believable.

I always recommend trying, it’s just time consuming (to make and burn in) and expensive if the cable is long. I am about to try Duelund 16

2 Likes

This is one I modified to try with the NAIT 50 - the ADL by Furutech iD-35R (3.5mm to 2 RCAs cable).
Pros:
It worked rather well. The sound was ‘clean and orderly’ yet detailed and enticed long listening sessions. The 28 AWG cores are easy to work with when replacing the 3.5 mm end with the standard 5 pin DIN. The cable is modestly priced.
Possible cons:
In my system the sound was very slightly on the ‘dry’ side of what I perceive as neutral, but it did not bother me at all and at times I found it very pleasant. The looks may not match some gear.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.