Do I need an external power supply for a 282?

I assume there wont be a huge difference in sound between the BSNode and the Nova (as streamers)?

I have never heard the Nova so I can’t say. The Bluesound Node with a Qutest is a particularly fine source with the 82 and 250, as it is with the 252 and 300DR. I will only replace it with an NDX when Naim have integrated the Amazon HD service.

1 Like

Yes

Thanks for this.

Well, I pulled the plug and went for it. Got a brand new 282+HCDR for ÂŁ5250 (20% off) and traded in my 3 yr old Nova for ÂŁ2850. I thought it was quite a good deal.

Will choose a streamer (separate thread) and that should keep me happy and give me much better sound quality (at least through the TT and CD player). As for streaming I mainly use Spotify so should not suffer any reduction in sound quality by using a non-Naim streamer.

3 Likes

I did wonder about this. The 282 has no phono stage so you would still need yet another box. A Naim Stageline, to connect to the 282.

The other option is, don’t let the money burn a hole in your pocket. Don’t buy anything (except more music) and play the longer game planning the system upgrade.

+1

I used a 282 with a HC, then a HCDR, then a SCDR. The 282/SCDR combination is a completely different animal from the former two, and in a good way. That being said, 282 with HC and HCDR are also great. The DR is worth the extra. The SCDR will be rather more costly, but will bring out much of the 282 that the HC/DR cannot.

1 Like

Very nice, and sounds like you’ve got a pretty good deal. What phono stage will you be using?

1 Like

Looks like the OP uses a Graham Slee Reflex phono stage, listed in their profile. And now I look like a weird HiFi stalker.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.