Albums,
My latest one,
This is the kind of new vinyl I think is only worth investing in,
For many moons to pass to the future,
But dont really know,
This is one of my none playable records,
I also have a re release of the album which I do play,

1 Like

Similarly thirty years ago friends bought me a bottle of 18 year old Macallans which I kept for about ten year’s before drinking it. That seems to be worth thousands now. But it was great!

1 Like

I just go to a gig, buy the LP and the artist is more than happy to sign it :grinning:

3 Likes

That’s what I’ve been doing,
I’m going to see seasick Steve in June,
Small gig 200 max, personal signing afterwards,
Wondering if I should take my other SSS
albums to sign,
Or is this taking the P**s?

1 Like

Take them, a bit unlikely he will refuse.
There were only a couple of hundred in the audience watching Jo Harman as well.

Nice, don’t know her stuff,
But small gigs are the way to go,
Especially if you can sit down,:rofl:

I saw her at the “Bewdley Festival” in the UK a few years ago. We were all seated at tables with waitress service, the beers were flowing well :grin:

2 Likes

Yep, I went with my first instinct and played both discs, excellent sound, with no real discernable noise floor, I am led to believe that clear vinyl is the more ideal type? the engineering behnd it is that of the 50th anniversary box set so I knew I would like it, and the new graphics look really good too, thanks for all of your input peeps!

3 Likes

Playing my third copy of this album to try and acquire one that hasn’t got 2 or 3 scratches on them. They must throw these things around like frisbee’s at the pressing plant so where the QA comes in i often wonder. It’s not as if they are cheap,anyway looks as though this one is finally ok. I would open them up and play them if i were you. Mind you even the solid blue had issues that’s why i own an A3 B3 and a Harry Monk copy. 30th anniversary would be nice but pricey.

1 Like

Yes, I played it in the end, fortunately got a good copy, although I had the same problems as you with the ‘Animals’ remix third copy before I got a good one, I understand an awful lot of those went back!

I had to send back that album as well. What i do now on a popular data platform is search the album with its barcode then click on credits to see where it is pressed. Had problems with GZ but these Pink Floyd pressings are on Record industries BV in the Netherlands which are normally pretty good. Pallas, RTI, QRP and Third Man are the better ones. Seems a shame that people are buying these shiney new albums only to find they are scratched, warped or have damaged outer covers. The world we live in i suppose.

2 Likes

Yes, sadly I think you are dead right!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.