Dodgy Naim Clone on eBay

The original nait 1 was released in 1983 - I’m looking forward to the jubilee edition in 2023.

2 Likes

They are also selling fake 32/72 daughter boards too :confounded:

Somebody may be more easily fooled with these even though they have the modern logo.

Clare, perhaps you could create a dedicated thread for fakes or suspect fakes to be reported… might prompt more input from observant members?
Also that way if it’s mentioned in the forums with a link everybody clearly knows it’s suspect… some fakes I suspect are less obvious.

3 Likes

the long awaited NAC 32.6 according to the markings on the board…

20+ years since the last half width preamp was produced.

naimpreamps

1 Like

I’m not sure a thread highlighting suspected fake Naim equipment is a good idea.

If suspicion was pointed at a genuine Naim item, there is a good chance the item will sell at below market value. Resulting in a very unhappy seller.

I recently bought a NDac. Looking at the internals, there is an obvious difference to a previous NDac I owned and all other images I’ve seen of the NDac.

I’ve no concern that is not genuine, but if I was selling it some people would flag it up as not genuine. I’m sure the sticker with what looks like Chinese symbols would ring alarm bells, for some people.

I didn’t “suspect” - it’s a clear breach.

Regarding the nDAC there appear to be some changes during its lifespan, one change visible from the outside is “shuttered” optical connections. Mine is an early one with blanking plugs.
My nDAC has been back to Naim so I’m confident mine is genuine, besides kit like the nDAC is likely to be way too complicated and costly to copy.

Yes, the item you linked is obviously not a Naim item; the description indicates “similar to naim”.

However, it has been suggested there should be a thread dedicated for fakes or suspect fakes to be reported.

Does Naim really want to be in a situation where the forum could be used to wrongly accuse people of dishonesty? It could easily happen.
On this thread a member seems to be suggesting the presence of Chinese symbols is an indication an item is fake. Yet, my NDAC isn’t fake but it has Chinese symbols.

So you claim, Moriarty…Mwha ha ha haaaa

3 Likes

Check if you see a black lotus.

Having clicked the link eBay sent me an email trying to get me to make a bid :man_facepalming:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.