Download now available for Naim Streamers

My nd555 has gone unresponsive 2x today. New fw and new app.
Neither app nor remote was responsive - going in standby and back again helped but nevertheless not so nice

I can confirm that although the Max setting doesn’t stick on the Android app it does play in hi-res if the track/album is hi-res.

Stop fiddling with all inputs! :wink: It sounds the same!

1 Like

No it’s not!
The new fw is not my liking … :grimacing:

BUT - this might hopefully adapt

Mmmm. There have been a few comments regarding the new firmware sounding overly bright.

I wonder if Naim actually have an upper age limit for their Beta testers. Let’s hope they’re not letting a bunch of 70 year olds decide what sounds best.

Pretty sure one of the beta testers is deaf in at least one ear. Scary. :innocent:

1 Like

Naim does its own testing for sound quality. The forum beta-testers may opine on sound quality, but we are never asked about it by Naim.

2 Likes

That’s not what one of the Beta testers has suggested.

Must give a disclaimer
The update is wonderful and there is definitely a lot improvement.
But I spent soo much time in getting my system into balance that I even go without more detail, air, punch and get my balance back.
It’s only me - as often.

1 Like

It seems we lost the ability to play artist or track radio from tidal via the naim app in 7.1 (android) . That’s a shame

There was some discussion of it on one occasion as I recall, but even then the final listening and sign-off is entirely an in-house Naim decision.

2 Likes

You have to look at the option Output Settings

1 Like

As two other beta testers have said Naim do not ask us about sound quality, we are functionality testers.

2 Likes

Beta testing is using a pre release firmware to identify issues when used in the wild. No more no less. It’s Naims choice to do something with any of the comments or not.

It’s also a volunteer act by people using their own bought systems to try and make things better for everyone.

That said since I got my first Naim in 2019 every single firmware have had some folk comment here that it was worse sounding than the previous one.

3 Likes

Thanks!

G

Which is understandable as every system, room or ears are different :wink:

Definitely, kind of what I meant, one firmware with a single signature may please some more than others. But it’s tuned by Naim according to their standards, not by a bunch of beta testers making similar comments about liking or not liking that everyone else does.

4 Likes

Can you see the input setting for Qobuz and Tidal with 7.1?

I can no longer see them in the Naim App’s input settings with 7.1 :person_shrugging::person_shrugging::person_shrugging:

Spotify, Qobuz and Tidal have moved to their own section (not at home and can’t remember what it’s called)

Services and Accounts.

However, I still see Qobuz in the input list!

After a quick play it disappears from the list If I enable Qobuz. Odd.

1 Like

Thanks! I will look there when I get home!