Download now available for Naim Streamers

Just downloaded the new update for Naim Streamers, playing a HiRes track, seems all ok. Had to reboot my phone as it didn’t see my ND555, on my other devices it was ok just my phone that started the download.

1 Like

Tidal max available now?

1 Like

Yes, I did a check for download, updated really quickly

4 Likes

Does this update apply to the 272?

The 272 won’t get Tidal Max support, as previously communicated by naim. The hardware cannot support it via native streaming board. Just use the mconnect app or one of the other alternates (mConnect work really well with our SuperUniti).

And the new internet radio service will be available for gen1 streamers, but no ETA on firmware yet as per pinned post.

So current firmware for 272 is v4.8 and no new one available.

1 Like

Hi, I’m not sure about the 272, there is another thread that will say which devices it covers.

On this thread, these new versions have been announced for the (hopefully) coming week:

Tidal max is now available, but only for the second generation streamers, for NDX2 but not for Qute2, so I guess not even for 272

Downloaded and installed on my NDX2 Just had to restart phone twice !!

1 Like

There is actually a timer in the app which initiates the upgrade, before it tries to connect again. I think this is to prevent the app connecting to the streamer, while it’s updating (which may take more than 1 reboot).
Since the app on the other devices don’t know about the upgrade, they’ll connect earlier. But no need to reboot your device - just wait 10-15 minutes or so.

3 Likes

Apologies for unnecessarily starting a new topic. I had not noticed this was already open.

I’ve just loaded the OTA firmware update for my NDX2. It’s prompted me to update all my internet radio links (which I’ve done) and that’s all working fine. I can play from my local servers (Synology NAS). But I can’t play anything from Tidal. It says I’m logged in, it allows me to select tracks - but the length of all tracks is 00.00.

I’ve logged out of Tidal and back in again. I’ve closed the app and re-opened. I’ve put the NDX2 into standby and turned it back on again. All to no avail.

Any suggestions?

Tidal should, of course, ‘just work’. As you’ve logged out and in, the next step is very likely a full factory reset. Of course, that will remove the presets you’ve just set up.

1 Like

What is the new firmware version I see some have already received?? Just checked and my ND5 XS2 is showing installed version 3.8.1 (5437)…

1 Like

3.10.0. If the option doesn’t appear in the app, do a check for updates.

And now it’s working. I haven’t touched a thing for 10 minutes while reading this thread and posting about my woes. Go back to Tidal - and everything’s fine. I think I’m going mad.

5 Likes

Excellent. Now you can play high res.

Maybe something just had to settle. Don’t worry about computer seeming to be erratic. :wink:

Nothing for my ND5 XS2 yet

3 Likes

Might take 10 minutes to resolve itself

1 Like

Yep, same as mine. Hopefully we’ll see it soon, I’ll be checking quite often lol…
Cleared the cache for the Focal/Naim app to see that helped but not, strange thing is when I clear the cache it never completely clears, 4.10k remains after clearing??