Download now available for Naim Streamers

That’s not what one of the Beta testers has suggested.

Must give a disclaimer
The update is wonderful and there is definitely a lot improvement.
But I spent soo much time in getting my system into balance that I even go without more detail, air, punch and get my balance back.
It’s only me - as often.

1 Like

It seems we lost the ability to play artist or track radio from tidal via the naim app in 7.1 (android) . That’s a shame

There was some discussion of it on one occasion as I recall, but even then the final listening and sign-off is entirely an in-house Naim decision.

2 Likes

You have to look at the option Output Settings

1 Like

As two other beta testers have said Naim do not ask us about sound quality, we are functionality testers.

2 Likes

Beta testing is using a pre release firmware to identify issues when used in the wild. No more no less. It’s Naims choice to do something with any of the comments or not.

It’s also a volunteer act by people using their own bought systems to try and make things better for everyone.

That said since I got my first Naim in 2019 every single firmware have had some folk comment here that it was worse sounding than the previous one.

3 Likes

Thanks!

G

Which is understandable as every system, room or ears are different :wink:

Definitely, kind of what I meant, one firmware with a single signature may please some more than others. But it’s tuned by Naim according to their standards, not by a bunch of beta testers making similar comments about liking or not liking that everyone else does.

4 Likes

Can you see the input setting for Qobuz and Tidal with 7.1?

I can no longer see them in the Naim App’s input settings with 7.1 :person_shrugging::person_shrugging::person_shrugging:

Spotify, Qobuz and Tidal have moved to their own section (not at home and can’t remember what it’s called)

Services and Accounts.

However, I still see Qobuz in the input list!

After a quick play it disappears from the list If I enable Qobuz. Odd.

1 Like

Thanks! I will look there when I get home!

This :point_up:

Well, I’ve done everything I can think of to get the Google Assistant to work after the updates (unplug/replug, factory reset, delete and recreate my Google Home, etc.)

Can’t anyone who has installed the update try giving a command to “Play music on [Name of Naim device]”, and let me know if it works? That way, I could at least determine if the problem is specific to my setup.

Settings, including Input Enable, for Qobuz, Spotify and Tidal are under Services & Accounts.

ATB, J

This whole separate menu for streaming services is a dogs dinner in my view.
In the regular Input Settings menu they are there like they always used to be until you enable them, then they vanish without explanation!
Further confusion that the words Input Enabled are used when it isn’t. If it said Enable Input that would indicate that pressing the button would do so.
Why these inputs need to be on a separate list when they all appear in the same input section of the home page is beyond me.

2 Likes

I didn’t say it was an effective UI, just where the settings are……. :innocent:

ATB, J

Gosh, I didn’t even know there was a new menu. New features and changes without any explanation is a bit odd.

2 Likes