Download vs Rip - legal differences

Is that the 2004 Sanctuary Records version?

0 Likes

It might be, they sent me a wrapper to send back, it was a digipack. Now posted. It looked odd with no sort of lead in or exit edge on the cd? I googled and they made a so called mistake with the original release. The Uniti core refused to rip and needed a lot of coaxing to eject.

0 Likes

The centre of the cd was a dark blue with moor not much writing at all?

0 Likes

I’ve got the 2004 Epstein Records/ Sanctuary Records version in a jewel case. The centre of the CD is clear. I see AMZ are showing a 2017 release from Confetti Records.

0 Likes

I have some recollection of reading an article regarding digital libraries in which it implied that downloading was a licence agreement and that on the death of the user there was no passing on of that licence to the benificiaries; i.e. my son will get all my Cds and Vinyl but that my downloads are not legally transferrable.

so all our family musical history will now be lost in the future … just like much of our picture history (in 50 years time do you really think they will still be supporting jpeg?).

0 Likes

I don’t know about you Allan, but I’m really not losing much sleep over this whole topic - I was just curious! Honestly, people really do seem to be agonising unnecessarily. Wholesale piracy - needs to be stamped on. Buying, ripping, selling/giving on from a private music collection? Who does anyone think is going to waste time and very scarce resources detecting and prosecuting a ‘crime’ that no one cares about? If it’s not captured on CCTVtodays law enforcers haven’t got a clue where to even start.

Specify your UnitiCore/Serve/WD Passport in your will and forget about it - that’s if your kids share your taste in music!

0 Likes

They probably don’t, and even if they do, they’ll ditch it and carry on using Spotify.

0 Likes

True - they’ll only be interested in the vinyl for showing off to their friends or hanging the artwork on the wall.

0 Likes

closed #29

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

0 Likes