Download vs Rip - legal differences

Is that the 2004 Sanctuary Records version?

It might be, they sent me a wrapper to send back, it was a digipack. Now posted. It looked odd with no sort of lead in or exit edge on the cd? I googled and they made a so called mistake with the original release. The Uniti core refused to rip and needed a lot of coaxing to eject.

The centre of the cd was a dark blue with moor not much writing at all?

I’ve got the 2004 Epstein Records/ Sanctuary Records version in a jewel case. The centre of the CD is clear. I see AMZ are showing a 2017 release from Confetti Records.

I have some recollection of reading an article regarding digital libraries in which it implied that downloading was a licence agreement and that on the death of the user there was no passing on of that licence to the benificiaries; i.e. my son will get all my Cds and Vinyl but that my downloads are not legally transferrable.

so all our family musical history will now be lost in the future … just like much of our picture history (in 50 years time do you really think they will still be supporting jpeg?).

I don’t know about you Allan, but I’m really not losing much sleep over this whole topic - I was just curious! Honestly, people really do seem to be agonising unnecessarily. Wholesale piracy - needs to be stamped on. Buying, ripping, selling/giving on from a private music collection? Who does anyone think is going to waste time and very scarce resources detecting and prosecuting a ‘crime’ that no one cares about? If it’s not captured on CCTVtodays law enforcers haven’t got a clue where to even start.

Specify your UnitiCore/Serve/WD Passport in your will and forget about it - that’s if your kids share your taste in music!

They probably don’t, and even if they do, they’ll ditch it and carry on using Spotify.

True - they’ll only be interested in the vinyl for showing off to their friends or hanging the artwork on the wall.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.