Dynavector - What happens as you rise through the hierarchy?

Guys,

I currently have a Dyna Kaitora Rua and excellent it is but will at some point in the not too distant need a retip. I previously had a XX2, the Rua definitely does more detail but possibly at the expense of the lower levels which the XX2 despite being considerably the cheaper excelled at. What does the XVS1 bring to the party?

I intend to stay in the Dyna camp as I have the right loading plugs for the Superline. Who has risen up the hierarchy? Experiences would be welcome.

Regards,

Lindsay

Hi Lindsay,
May I recommend a call to Andrew Oliver at the Audio Republic?
Andrew has forgotten more about turntables, cartridges, tone arms and phono stages than I will ever know. Touraj rates Andrew as one of his best UK dealers. Andrew knows the DV range very well. He fitted the XX2 in my Xerxes and then the MG-1. He is equally knowledgeable about alternatives to the XV-1S. A call would cost you nothing.

Best regards, BF

4 Likes

Purely on the off chance I just mailed him about tonearm cable upgrades, he replied within an hour, at about 08:00 this morning, with some excellent advice. I would second the recommendation to contact him!

1 Like

Thank you guys, useful.

Regards,

Lindsay

Lindsay,
If you do decide to contact Andrew, it’s helpful to know that he he spends much of his time supporting customer installations etc. in their homes (Covid permitting, of course) rather than in the shop.

He may therefore need a day or so to get back to you. However, when he does, it is worth it.

Best regards, BF

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.