E Ink writers

Anyone here used one ? Recommendations?

Thinking of getting one for work.

Surprised at cost relative to (say) an iPad. Would have thought that the more limited functionality/screen (which is the bonus for writability, battery life and lack of distractions) would have resulted in a better price differential. Though might have answered my own comment there !

Anyways, would love to here from anyone who has used them for work (I’m basically thinking to use as a note taking device in meetings, then convert to type, and then save to relevant client folder on our server).

Any thoughts on practicalities , recommendations or comparison with more fully featured OLED tablets ?

Cheers

I thought about one of these but by time you look at initial outlay and cost of consumables they are pretty expensive. Decided to stick with my Moleskin notebooks!

2 Likes

I have just bought an iPad air plus an apple Pencil 2 for the very same job, to replace taking notes in the old black & red spiral bound A4 notebooks. There are lots of different apps for this but my son has recommended Microsoft OneNote for the inter-operability it provides across all his devices. He uses his for work as a management consultant and rates it highly. You can use the pencil either as a freehand drawer/pen or you can select optical character recognition, in which case you write longhand and let it translate your writing into typed text.

Early days yet but so far I am encouraged.

Best regards, BF

1 Like

Thanks both. Costing up Remarkable 2 against an iPad Air , the Air seems to only be about £250 more. I also need a basic ipad anyways, as got my phone stolen on holiday (now replaced) and life would have been much easier for the last 2 days of the trip if I’d had some kind of apple backup at the hotel. So that makes the Air even more attractive

Have a month to decide (work financial year), but looks like an Air (with or without moleskin backups :grinning:) is the likely way to go.

@Bluesfan - do let us know how you get on over the next few weeks with the Air, and whether any issues.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.