Effects of recapping

Okay, but how is the recording made to include the power amp?

2 years ago yes. My guess is itā€™s a bit more expensive today.

Ummm. Not cheap. I know others will say itā€™s a 500 series item, butā€¦

Have you shipped it to the uk?

No I have many years left :pray:

I meant 2 years ago - for full service

Have never sent any box for Service. Iā€™ve traded my boxes to fast :smile:

2 Likes

For Sweden, I recently had a qoute from my dealer at 16000 sek (about 1200Ā£) including shipping for service/recap of a 555ps (DR).

1 Like

Oh so thatā€™s 2400 GBP for both 500 or 552 boxes then. Not cheapā€¦

I think servicing/recapping makes a big difference to bring the amp/power supply etc. back up to spec.

I tend to buy my Naim kit 2nd hand as I am a cheapskate but I look for items that have a recent certified service/recap if possible from Naim itself or Class A. That way I get a nearly new bit of kit that is running to spec.

3 Likes

In the past 12 months I have been able to have all my kit excluding CDX all serviced by Darran at Class A that includes Nap200 HiCap Napsc and Nac 102. The difference is night and day literally for some reason I found daylight listening uncomfortable and irritating with no focus from me preferring to listen at night for whatever reason and also music choice was quite narrow. Now the complete opposite full enjoyment more wider music listening and purchase. Does that answer the question? Speakers are Q Acoustic Concept 20 with matching stands and have got better and better as equipment serviced. Donā€™t hesitate.

1 Like

I had my NAC252/SC/NAP250.2 serviced, recapped and DRā€™d in 2022 (bought them new in 2002). Didnā€™t notice a night and day difference when I got them back but I have the peace of mind knowing theyā€™ll outlast me now.

2 Likes

Internet video is of rooms setup with full scale equipment, recorded to videoā€¦
when that video is played back (via headphones) by ā€˜we the publicā€™; can hear different setups/system differencesā€¦

the recording features sound From the power amp stage,ā€¦ the playback is whatever the listener choosesā€¦ (reference headphones, ideally)ā€¦

Please donā€™t give them ideasā€¦

ā€œIt costs to be on the topā€, as you probably knowā€¦:innocent: