Electro/techno suggestions

And of course the hypnotictic worldwide club classic Voodoo Ray.

7 Likes
1 Like

Sounds a bit dated now but I remember Carl Cox playing this on New Years Eve at The Zap Club in Brighton must have been '89 it was the last night before it closed for a huge refurb and it sounded incredible played that loud in that relatively small room.

5 Likes

impLOG was the solo project of Don Christensen after leaving New York No Wave group The Contortions in 1979. He began making music using found sounds, a Univox drum machine, guitar stomp boxes, Casio keyboards and percussion instruments. Eventually Don gave a demo tape to Charles Ball at Lust/Unlust Records, who loved it, and released the “Holland Tunnel Dive” b/w “On B’way” 12” in 1980. “Holland Tunnel Dive” is a monotone lament, with a narrator reciting a list of all that is missing in his life along to a sparse, mechanical beat. A variable speed Milwaukee drill creeps its way into the song, eventually reaching cacophonous levels. After four minutes of industrial motorik, an upbeat saxophone riff breaks out unexpectedly, unsettling the listener even further. On the B-side is a deranged version of the Lieber and Stoller show tune “On Broadway”, featuring lead guitar by Jody Harris of the Contortions. The record perfectly captures the dark and seedy vibe of downtown New York in the early 80’s.

3 Likes
1 Like

What a chooooon!
Atb
Kk

2 Likes

Probably not many others on this planet know their Electro/Techno onions better than Richard D James.

6 Likes

Maybe the best had some nostalgia programmed in even though fresh at the time ?

1 Like

Well this eventually woke me up this morning. First few tracks a little slow then wam!

Atb
Kk

4 Likes
3 Likes
1 Like

https://youtu.be/YG7p6KXz9fo

1 Like

What an absolute belter!

Here’s another killer!

3 Likes

2 Likes

2 Likes

I first came across Tiny Magnetic Pets when they supported OMD on their UK tour in 2017. Heavy Kraftwerk influences.

https://tinymagneticpets.bandcamp.com/

1 Like