End of my tether

The money you will save on future hard wiring and all the incremental solutions you’ll have tried in-between. And the stress it will ease!

You rightly want a reliable Ethernet connection to a device beyond cabling distance. Mesh devices are designed for that purpose.

@Simon-in-Suffolk thanks for that.

It took a while longer than expected but I’m now live. The Vonets is far too close to the Innuos so there’s some fluttering noises in the background from network activity and it’s not going to be a reliable long term solution but right now it’ll do.

Current order is as follows:

Zenith Empty shelf
202. HC DR
Empty shelf 200
DAC. Empty shelf

The logic was no more than disturbing the least number of boxes; getting the Zenith up top for feeding it CDs

The TT 2 is attached to the 202 via the CD input on RCA using Chord Epic. Not given a thought to cable dressing for now. Nothing is ideal at I]present. Not enough wickets so DAC and bridge running off one socket! For whatever reason it started in low gain mode and muted. For now I’ve left it there and the whole thing can warm up.

Two immediate observations:

1 - I clearly have few room issues. Bass and mids have been restored big time; the presentation is warm and vocals are crystal clear. I could do with it being a but more up front as you suggest but right now it’s just fantastic to have music back.

2 - I was expecting some digital harshness but it’s not obvious.

Is it okay to switch gain modes whilst powered up and muting the relevant input on the 202?

6 Likes

Good work Mike - music at last :+1:

1 Like

Should be fine to change gain in dac mode with your amp muted although I’d turn the volume down too. In amp mode turn the volume right down on the TT 2.

It can only get better from here in Mike, congrats on your perseverance

1 Like

Thank you kind sir. 15 year old has taken over ripping Flacs whilst I’m working my way through settings within MyInnuos and iPeng.

I almost hate to ask this but does anyone know how I get Tidal and radio working on the Innuos? Logged into Tidal in myinnuos.com but get a login failed message within iPeng.

I use my zenith in experimental mode with Roon which gives the sound quality of the zenith and the ease of use of roon. Hopefully someone else here can advise but I know there has been an issue logging into tidal on the innuos recently. I use qobuz which sounds better from the zenith than tidal. I was lucky enough to have a trial of roon, tidal and qobuz running at the same time to rest them allmout together

Ah well the 15 year old has a Tidal sub so that’s the number one priority and Mrs. H. wants internet radio, which I’m struggling with also.

On the other hand, the two hours of music we’ve had so far is more than I’ve been able to bear in months.

1 Like

Big question now is whether I attempt the Innuos firmware update!

I would as it has hopefully resolved tidal issue and its easy to do. Tidal set up should be my innuos, bottom item, set up tidal

1 Like

Yup, can’t see that at all so firmware update coming up a little later.

Forgive me if I’m stating the obvious but not in ipeng but in MyInnuos via a browser on the same network?

You are forgiven. This is what My Innuos looks like for me.

1 Like

Configure Tidal option should be in settings, as is firmware updates

Yes, sorry , it is. I’ve successfully logged in but then in IPeng I get this.

Sorry can’t help with that one as I use roon and android

Sorry Mike I’m a Roon user don’t have a clue about IPeng, I’m sure somebody else will know, update, just saw the reference to squeezebox, can you try without using squeezebox, there are reported issues with this.

1 Like

On the plus side I am now fully engaged for the first time in a long time and this sort of thing is the fun stuff.

Once I’ve got Tidal up and running I then need to figure out how to get radio streams at more than 128kbps and stuff like BBC Sounds etc.

Happily ripping CDs at a rate of knots at present. The noise from the bridge isn’t great but it’s a fragile beast so I’ll move it only when the firmware update has been done.

Something else for me to explore thank you.

Thus far I prefer MyInnuos over iPeng too purely from an accessibility perspective. I can see stuff in the former whereas I’m squinting on the latter.

Roon hasn’t impressed me thus far and it’s a long way off either way as I think I need to sort the bridge out first as well as a backup drive and regime. I’m not fussed about multiroom but the 15 year old had found the Zenith via UPnP in the Naim app and was playing CDs within about 20 seconds of hearing the first strains of music from the living room. Utterly painless.

Everything is a long way from sounding as it should but it’s certainly listenable even with network noise. The one thing I can say is that, noisy bridge aside, I would have no hesitation in persisting with a bridge rather than a wired connection as the connection itself has been absolutely rock solid.

1 Like

@obsydian uses Innuos Zenith with Nova as dac. He uses Ipeng , so should help as how to stream Tidal with it.

1 Like