English Electric 8 Question

I just bought one of these switches… I have a fairly simple question. Besides of course the Streamer should I also hook up my NAS to it?

Probably yes - depending on how your network is configured.

ATB, J

2 Likes

I’ll echo what Osiris says above.

Well it’s pretty simple. Arris Modem. Asus Router. I have just the two pieces Auralic Aries G2.2 Streamer… Synology NAS… My iMac is hooked up to the Router… That’s it…

2 Likes

Job done.

DG…

1 Like

Like most of these ‘audiophile’ switches, they are best used as the final link before the streamer. Personally i prefer to keep NAS, Server (Roon Nucleus in my case) and all ISP kit elsewhere away from the Hi-Fi, but if you need the NAS to be local to your Hi-Fi, then yes, plug it into the EE8.

1 Like

The NAS doesn’t need to be physically near the streamer to use the EE. It’s just a case of getting a wire long enough to reach the streamer. I have my NAS and Nova connected to the EE, with the NAS and EE in a different room to the Nova. Nothing with flashing lights in the sitting room allowed.

1 Like

That’s one of the nice things about the EE8, the lights are so small that that are not really noticeable.

DG…

2 Likes

Thanks guys. The NAS is right near the router. So I’ll put that into the EE. Along with the streamer

1 Like

@opus - I recently swapped the supplied power supply for a 3rd party LPS on my EE8 switch. Not sure if I can name the Dutch brand here but it made a very noticeable improvement to the sound clarity, soundstage and was money very well spent. I play 100% from a NAS rather than streaming services in case you’re interested.

1 Like

One of my better purchased tbh. Love my Super3. Very noticeable improvement across the board.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.