English Electric 8Switch

Sorry, many of my replies to people end up on the main thread - must be an issue with the forum.

1 Like

Some people didn’t found an improvement with the EE switch, as ER switch, or Cisco. No problem with that.
I misunderstood your post on the Ndx2 with ps too. Sorry. But now it’s clear.

With the 555 dr on Ndx2 and EE switch, you are just in the minority camp.
But it’s your ears , so it’s your truth.

1 Like

I think it’s lovely you responded to help me, thank you! I really appreciated your comments. I also think it’s good when we learn something about our own preferences by trying new things; my system appears to do something I like that must be attributable to the network Switch! I honestly did not believe that would be possible. Luckily, I have two 2960s :rofl:

1 Like

I can see why others would prefer the EE 8Switch, by the way - it clearly added a lot of precision and detail, but at the cost of a little “magic and sparkle” :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

For what it’s worth, you can find my impressions and others’ as well with regard to LPSs for the EE8 in this thread, beginning with post #26 or so. I use a Paul Hynes SR4-12 with mine and continue to feel it is a worthwhile investment to use with the switch. However, I admit that my entire music system and networking components all have dedicated 20a lines and linear power supplies; it also utilizes isolation transformers (both balanced and so-called ultra-) and a double-conversion true pure sine wave UPS feeding everything upstream where the streamer, DAC, etc. resides, which then all goes into a PS Audio power regenerator. I am a huge proponent of theoretically ridding one’s system of as much noise as one can to achieve as quiet a system as possible, and I anecdotally perceive LPSs to be a necessary tweak with the right equipment.

Late to the party but I’ve joined the EE Club . I’m extremely impressed by what this smart and discreet little box does . From the first note there’s more resolution, less glare etc but most importantly its more engaging and enjoyable . Not that I was unhappy before but it goes to show that noise is the enemy and my DAC is known for good noise rejection.

Thanks to this thread and to the posts from the Members whose ears and opinions I’ve come to know and respect over the last decade . I Brought it home on Sale or return and decided it was staying within minutes. An absolute no brainier IMO .
Just waiting for a couple of cables from BJC so it can be configured optimally as pic will suggest.

8 Likes

…matches my experience exactly, asked dealer for demo, picked it up and brought it home. I plugged the EE8 into the network and noticed the sound improved.

Let it run for a week and called the dealer with my CC number.

4 Likes

Ditto! However it only took me 1 track and I knew it was a keeper.

2 Likes

Yep same here!

3 Likes

Isn’t it wonderful when something just works for a relatively low cost .

4 Likes

My next upgrade for sure.

Pretty essential to get the best out of a streamer/ server combo using Upnp.

Just gone up by £50 I think.

How long is the mains cable with it please?

I was lucky , my dealer bought this one before the price increase. The cable is 1 metre long .

Thanks Pete!

I think you can still get it at the lower price if you look carefully.

2 Likes

I would keep the stock ethernet cable from Chord, because I personally think it sounds best with the EE.

2 Likes

The supplied cable is only useful if the EE is right next to the streamer. It wouldn’t work for me so I sold it on eBay. I use BJC 6A cables throughout and it all works really well.

1 Like

Same experience here. From wall socket to EE8, BJC Cat6A worked better but from EE8 to Linn ADSM/3, the supplied Chord cable worked better.

Supplied chord one from router to ee8 then 5m catsnake to nd5xs2 and innuos

Thanks , that’s the plan . I should also mention great service from Blue jeans . Ordered on Tuesday from Seattle and arrived just now (Thursday) in London .

1 Like