English Electric 8Switch

When I posted that, I discovered it has inbuilt Forrest ( Silent Bonn) lps inside.
So , to @Meni , I would say that that one is better normally vs the N8, which has SMPS.

though of course Chord always wrote that LPSes are not suitable for the 8switch and their SMPS is best. Just sayinā€™ :smiley: So annoying

As Uptone tooā€¦

1 Like

Without trawling through the thread to confirm it, I think youā€™re pretty much on your own. The general consensus was that itā€™s better than the Cisco.

3 Likes

ā€¦for me the EE 8switch sounds better, my system, my room, my ears.

FWIW - I have Router > C2960C-8PC-L > English Electric 8Switch > as the network connections to my NDX 2.

Different folks have reported different configurations work best for themā€¦

1 Like

Thank you. Appreciate that steer. Thatā€™s actually what Iā€™m tryingā€¦ I will have a meddle and listen longer. I hate the idea of a network cable needing to burn inā€¦ but I have 29 days to find out, I guess!

Iā€™m used to being on my own with most things :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

I recently purchased an ee which is connected to a WiFi mesh satellite by Blue jeans cable then into innous zenith mk3 with meicord opal. Only had a week but as others have said a definite, if not enormous, difference. I think more ā€˜airā€™ between instruments. And weirdly the sound of internally stored music seems improved too.

2 Likes

I found the same thing with my zenith too, no idea why though

2 Likes

I did try an ether regen a few months ago and I couldnā€™t hear any difference so sent it back.
Horses for courses I guess

Was it you who preferred also the Ndx2 bare vs with additional ps?
I am not teasing, be assured.

I think Iā€™m the person you think I am, but I did not say that I preferred it withoutā€¦ I said I didnā€™t like the 555PS on NDX2 in my system, that I liked the XPS and that I was a huge fan of the NDX2 on its own. Interesting that people have read it differently. However, as youā€™re not teasingā€¦ did you have a thought about 8switch?

Sorry, many of my replies to people end up on the main thread - must be an issue with the forum.

1 Like

Some people didnā€™t found an improvement with the EE switch, as ER switch, or Cisco. No problem with that.
I misunderstood your post on the Ndx2 with ps too. Sorry. But now itā€™s clear.

With the 555 dr on Ndx2 and EE switch, you are just in the minority camp.
But itā€™s your ears , so itā€™s your truth.

1 Like

I think itā€™s lovely you responded to help me, thank you! I really appreciated your comments. I also think itā€™s good when we learn something about our own preferences by trying new things; my system appears to do something I like that must be attributable to the network Switch! I honestly did not believe that would be possible. Luckily, I have two 2960s :rofl:

1 Like

I can see why others would prefer the EE 8Switch, by the way - it clearly added a lot of precision and detail, but at the cost of a little ā€œmagic and sparkleā€ :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

For what itā€™s worth, you can find my impressions and othersā€™ as well with regard to LPSs for the EE8 in this thread, beginning with post #26 or so. I use a Paul Hynes SR4-12 with mine and continue to feel it is a worthwhile investment to use with the switch. However, I admit that my entire music system and networking components all have dedicated 20a lines and linear power supplies; it also utilizes isolation transformers (both balanced and so-called ultra-) and a double-conversion true pure sine wave UPS feeding everything upstream where the streamer, DAC, etc. resides, which then all goes into a PS Audio power regenerator. I am a huge proponent of theoretically ridding oneā€™s system of as much noise as one can to achieve as quiet a system as possible, and I anecdotally perceive LPSs to be a necessary tweak with the right equipment.

Late to the party but Iā€™ve joined the EE Club . Iā€™m extremely impressed by what this smart and discreet little box does . From the first note thereā€™s more resolution, less glare etc but most importantly its more engaging and enjoyable . Not that I was unhappy before but it goes to show that noise is the enemy and my DAC is known for good noise rejection.

Thanks to this thread and to the posts from the Members whose ears and opinions Iā€™ve come to know and respect over the last decade . I Brought it home on Sale or return and decided it was staying within minutes. An absolute no brainier IMO .
Just waiting for a couple of cables from BJC so it can be configured optimally as pic will suggest.

8 Likes

ā€¦matches my experience exactly, asked dealer for demo, picked it up and brought it home. I plugged the EE8 into the network and noticed the sound improved.

Let it run for a week and called the dealer with my CC number.

4 Likes