English Electric 8Switch

Ditto! However it only took me 1 track and I knew it was a keeper.

2 Likes

Yep same here!

3 Likes

Isn’t it wonderful when something just works for a relatively low cost .

4 Likes

My next upgrade for sure.

Pretty essential to get the best out of a streamer/ server combo using Upnp.

Just gone up by ÂŁ50 I think.

How long is the mains cable with it please?

I was lucky , my dealer bought this one before the price increase. The cable is 1 metre long .

Thanks Pete!

I think you can still get it at the lower price if you look carefully.

2 Likes

I would keep the stock ethernet cable from Chord, because I personally think it sounds best with the EE.

2 Likes

The supplied cable is only useful if the EE is right next to the streamer. It wouldn’t work for me so I sold it on eBay. I use BJC 6A cables throughout and it all works really well.

1 Like

Same experience here. From wall socket to EE8, BJC Cat6A worked better but from EE8 to Linn ADSM/3, the supplied Chord cable worked better.

Supplied chord one from router to ee8 then 5m catsnake to nd5xs2 and innuos

Thanks , that’s the plan . I should also mention great service from Blue jeans . Ordered on Tuesday from Seattle and arrived just now (Thursday) in London .

1 Like

I also tried an etherregen switch about a year ago and I couldn’t hear any difference so sent it back too.

I then tried an EE8 and found it made a definite improvement in SQ so I kept it.

2 Likes

Maybe you listened through fantastic french white wine for the EE and crap « Rosé » for the ER?

2 Likes

Hey, FR, what did you do with your ER and MCRU psu?

(I think an ER and a very good psu would be likely to beat the EE8 in most systems).

1 Like

Sold. Lasted 3 days on the auction site. But i lost 50% of the original investment .

2 Likes

Replaced by an EE8?

Any reason?

Innuos PhoenixNet

yes, it’s crazy, I know.

2 Likes

I keep hearing good things about the Innuos line. I still think you should try a ND5xs2 into your NDS/555Dr and report back your findings
 lol

2 Likes