English Electric 8Switch

It’s just that I have an unidentified device on my network and I wondered if it was the EE.

Ordered. EE 8Switch will be on it’s way here. Trigger pulled. Back soon!

2 Likes

Look forward to hearing how you get on with the EE.

1 Like

Looking forward to reading that you’ve canceled agin :joy::joy:

3 Likes

I have been notified that i should receive delivery of it tomorrow.

2 Likes

So, still time to cancel.

And even if if reaches the stage of actual delivery, you can return it for up to a month IIRC …

Enjoy.

3 Likes

Thanks Don! :slightly_smiling_face:

I still have my promotion bag from this year’s Bristol Show :sunglasses:

1 Like

The box is better.

1 Like

Great upgrade from both Wi-Fi (massive) and from TP-Link cheapo switch on NDX.

Details and timing seems improved. Although will try other then provided C-stream 0.75m. Seems a little bit on the fat & dull side.

I’ve preferred a BLue Jeans Ethernet patch cable over the EE supplied Chord C-Stream, which seemed “colored” in comparison to a more neutral sound from the BJC.

1 Like

My little EE 8Switch is now temporarily plumbed in. It’s certainly crisper. Vocals have more presence with more detail and clarity coming through straight off the bat. Bass too has more definition. Positive vibes so far. More later. :slightly_smiling_face:

My Cisco is a goner. I’ve never liked the thing to be honest!

4 Likes

Ok a Problem. My NAS device can’t connect to the network via the EE 8Switch. I’ve tried rebooting everything. No joy. :pensive:

That’s a bit strange Stephen - it’s a simple, unmanaged switch so there shouldn’t be a problem. Worth checking the cable between NAS and switch is ok by substituting another one if you’ve tried everything else.

1 Like

I’ve put the Cisco back in with nothing else changed and my NAS device now works again. Painful. :thinking:

Strange - did you restart your router too ? I’d turn everything off. Restart the router, then power up the EE, then NAS and then the Network player.

1 Like

Thanks James. I will try in that order once my NAS device cleans up it’s now corrupt file system via the Cisco. I had to unplug it as it had seized and there was no other way of turning it off.

Ok system now cleaned and have commanded it to turn off via it’s operating system. Then i shall do the whole hog reboot. Thanks.

1 Like

Nope, it’s not letting my NAS connect to the network. If i can’t local stream then it’s not worth a bolt to me.:thinking:

1 Like

Very strange - what cable are you using between NAS and EE. When you say it’s not allowing it to connect, what do you mean ? Can you see the NAS via a PC ?