English Electric 8Switch

Its because it has the stigma of not being English darling. Branding means everything and from a lot of comments on here if it’s Chinese in origin it’s looked down on even though both are made in China one is branded well and distributed via a well known company.

3 Likes

And, of course, it is quite different.

1 Like

Would like to see a teardown of the 3 to confirm.

Buy 'em and do it.

blimey - the english electric switch continues to make audiophiles musical experiences better.

I’m becoming more curious about day by day

and curiosity is expensive…

1 Like

Review from the 16 August in High Fidelity Poland magazine.
Interesting review and very positive for the EE.

We have the response for some questions on it: It’s made in China by SILENT ANGEL Company.
This same company makes the Silent Bonn 8. But not sure it’s exactly the same as EE.

I’ve merged this post into the existing EE thread.

1 Like

From the review:

The EE 8Switch is manufactured by the Chinese company Silent Angel on the order of Chord . It is important that this was commissioned by an experienced company. ThunderData Co. Ltd. is a company engaged in the production of servers, network communication, data management, software for network data storage, hardware engineering. It also operates in the hi-tech industry and focuses on 5G mobile networks and 8K video signal transmission.According to the manufacturer’s website, “the goal of the Thunder team is to improve the quality of computing, network and storage signals.”

1 Like

Interesting, and thanks Pierre. I agree with the main focus of the review (understandably), but disagree that it made poor recordings sound worse (and apologies to Google Translate if that is a wrong impression) - in all my listening since acquiring it I haven’t found anything like that.

Nah got better things to do with £900 and invalidate any chance of sending it back. My experience with cables and switches so far is enough to know they make little difference for me in my system. Just curious that’s all as they look the same and nothings been confirmed either way.

1 Like

I take it the EE 8Switch has a burn in period because this evening things have gone up yet another notch. I can now really appreciate my NDX 2’s capabilities. The Cisco was choking it, now my NDX 2 is really being let loose to spread it’s wings. It’s so silly boogie stupid!:rofl:

2 Likes

Steady on…many are teetering on the edge, sir.

2 Likes

Of course, i do apologise. I’m now lumbered with the task of selling my collection of switches and cables.

1 Like

I doubt too that it will make sound poor recordings sound poorer.
Not the impression I have with the ER.

Stephen, mine took a few days to settle never used a Cisco switch but a marked improvement over my original Netgear switch.

1 Like

Thanks pcd that’s good to know. As you can see i’m finding it hard to contain my enthusiasm. The thing that has really got me here is the timing of the music. This is where IMHO the Cisco greatly lacks, especially in the bass department. Saying that, the Cisco & Netgear were never designed for audio, where as this little fella is and that’s where the differences lay, one can really hear it in the music as a whole.

The Cisco greatly lacks timing. Really?

Compared with the EE 8Switch in my system, yes by a considerable margin. My Neat’s are now much more nimble and responsive. I’ve even removed the blue slate slabs from underneath them as they are no longer required. When i had cascaded Ciscos the bass was bloody awful. I was forever getting complaints from my neighbours and i blamed the speakers. It turned out to be those damned Ciscos. Dropping back to one is just about tolerable with a Vodka cable. Now of course that’s history. Which is why asked about running in. I don’t want this new switch to start getting fatter. At the moment it’s perfect.

1 Like

Same here, the bass is cleaner and less boomy. Timing improved a bit too.
Instruments decay improved, as naturalness and liveliness.
It’s more colorful. Cisco tends to homogenize the sound and it’s a bit forceful.

2 Likes