English Premier League Season 2023/24

Good subs by Poch this time :slightly_smiling_face:

And I said to my wife that Palmer would score the last goal more than once through the game!

1 Like

Wow! That was some game. Neither side deserved to lose. Great advert for PL. Poch should take great encouragement from that - four goals against Man City must be quite a rarity.

And finally, Palmer. Must confess that I had doubts about the money Chelsea paid for a ā€˜kidā€™ on the fringes of the City team. I was wrong. Heā€™s looks the real deal. Great talent and temperament.

6 Likes

Anthony Taylor is not fit for purpose, and should never referee another Chelsea match

Are you saying he is from Manchester,ā€¦ lol,

I thought Taylor had a good game.

Yep, same as. ā€œWhy are we buying another midfielder?ā€ I said, but heā€™s been terrific. However, almost unnoticed it seems, our best player of the season has been Conor Gallagher imo. Absolute midfield dynamo, forwards, back, sideways and heā€™s come on leaps and bounds. Excellent, played every game, yet Iā€™ve not seen a word about him! Perhaps if he was French or from a poor backgroundā€¦

3 Likes

Yep. This season Gallagher has shown the form for Chelsea that he did when he was on loan at Palace.

2 Likes

I donā€™t think Pochettino thinks so, he seems to have reached the same conclusion as Tuchel and Mourinho about Mr Taylor
The best officiating is when its not noticable - a rare occurrence these days unfortunately
Fans go to games to watch their teams play - not to watch some prima donna officials.

We had officials yesterday who got a couple of big decisions very wrong. They also mostly didnā€™t give anything; played repeated advantages and that resulted in a terrific game flowing and unfolding. The fans on the wrong side of those decisions didnā€™t slaughter the officials simply because for the most part they hadnā€™t noticed them. They were able to focus on the match rather than the decisions in the match.

1 Like

But, but, butā€¦ whahhhh !!!

1 Like

WTF???

From the Beeb website:

Everton have received a 10-point deduction, which will be applied immediately, after being found guilty of breaching the Premier Leagueā€™s Financial Fair Play rules.

1 Like

As an Evertonian Iā€™m not in any fit state to comment at the moment - certainly not until I read a bit more into it :rage: :rage:

2 Likes

I live near Reading and they have taken points away with a chainsaw , looking at bottom of League 1 and heading for League 2. Remember when they played Man Utd in the Premiership ?

If Everton are punished so much, then Chelsea, Man. City and Arsenal mustl be quaking in their bootsā€¦

Chelsea could end up relegated to the National League Southā€¦

4 Likes

The only other Clubs being investigated are Chelsea whose new owners actually reported the old owners financial irregularities and so donā€™t have all that much to worry about I wouldnā€™t imagine and The Cheats who should be very, very worried by this news.

1 Like

A shame though for Everton fans.

Will be intersting to see what Everton do.

If they appeal, it could drag into next season, and if they have a bad start to that season, 10 points could be catastrophic.

This season theyā€™ve had a good start, and even with the 10 point deduction they are only 2 points from saftey. So might be a case for saying take the points deduction this season and be all square for next season.

Probably need a crystal ball to make the correct decision !

I think I just heard them say on Sky Sports News that any appeal would be concluded within 3 months.

I wouldnā€™t mind but a large proportion of the money spent was on absolute garbage! :grin:

1 Like