Enjoyable or fun songs you’d just forgotten about

We were killing ourselves laughing at the awfulness of this. I have to admit wine had been had.

But still…

G

3 Likes

I remember that song well but glad to say I’ve not had the pleasure of the video before. :thinking:

1 Like

It’s only matched by the awfulness of the lyrics.

G

1 Like
1 Like

Another one from my mis-spent youth

3 Likes

The house band at The Albany in Deptford for a while.

1 Like
4 Likes

Difficult to post forgotten things because I can’t remember what to post! However here are a few that I recall not having given a thought to for long time:

I’m the urban spaceman - Bonzo dog doo-dah band
Lazy Sunday - Small faces
In a broken dream - Python Lee Jackson (Rod Stuart at his best)
Space oddity - David Bowie (in my view his best song)

Ry Cooder - That’s the Way the Girls Are in Texas

7 Likes

High in the charts July 1984.

2 Likes

September 1983. Love the video.

2 Likes

If your foot doesn’t tap to this then there is something wrong with you. Just great imho.

2 Likes

Contains the immortal line “He doesn’t seem to understand the rock media”…

4 Likes

How about “Oops Upside Your Head” by The Gap Band?

I still remember joining in with the dance, particularly one memorable works Christmas party :wink: way back when I was young.
There are many examples of the dance on You Tube if you’re interested, I don’t appear in any of them :grinning:

1 Like

There is obviously something wrong with me then, as I hate that song with a passion. There’s nothing worse than forced jollity and the only song more irritating than “Tubthumping” is “Fairytale of New York”. The members of the group, with their “funny” names and “wacky” antics, are annoying wankers.

8 Likes

Ha. You told me you didn’t like it before when I played it a year or more ago. I think there must be something wrong with you, as you say. Lol. It’s great. :smiley: :rofl:

Most probably best forgotten by most. Here’s a lovely reminder of an enjoyable fun song…

In the Uk Top 40 charts 2 August 1979.
Dream Pop…

1 Like

Thank me later.

G

4 Likes
2 Likes