Enjoyable or fun songs you’d just forgotten about

Nothing too cerebral, simply something you think “I’ve not heard that for ages” and it brings a smile to your face and an urge to sing along.

All too often Mrs AC is playing something such as a random 80s music ’station’ on the ancient Amazon Echo device in the kitchen, and a track pops up that I’m astonished I’ve not listened to more recently - not infrequently one hit wonders or bands with only a couple of successful songs but to me very enjoyable. I originally said ‘fun’ but maybe meant a bit of an ear worm that makes you keep humming the tune or singing along for a few hours even if the lyrics aren’t that happy.

Any similar experiences?

This morning it was this from Johnny Hates Jazz:

Not quite the same but what a superb song from Stevie Wonder that popped out from nowhere on YouTube:

4 Likes
4 Likes

Gruppo Sportivo always make me smile.

Here they are making fun of Eric Clapton.

Here they are making fun of themselves.

4 Likes

The one and only Max Splodge!

2 pints of lager and a packet of crisps please!

6 Likes

That brings memories of the school bus when we all used to sing along.

2 Likes

Sultans of Ping.

2 Likes

Never seen that one before.

Brilliant song and a v funny video

5 Likes

That is a great song - one of my first ever iTunes purchases which really takes me back.

1 Like

I think this fits the bill as well

3 Likes

Cosmic Thing and Good Stuff albums are two of my favourites to play outdoors on a sunny day - pure fun pop with a hint of whackiness.

Just made me wonder if there was ever a video for Hot Pants Explosion - more thrusting than Tom Jones in his early days! Actually I wish Tom Jones had done a cover version of this 20-30 years ago.

2 Likes

Thanks to Eminem for reminding me of this one…

2 Likes

Surfin Dave and the Absent Legends (youtube doesn’t have my favorite track unfortunately!)

2 Likes

As well as one of my all time personal favorite singles by them:-

4 Likes

If nothing else this thread makes me realise how boring a lot of music is these days. No wonder some of us are a bit daft when we were exposed to things like this in our formative years:

Two things struck me - not even a toaster in sight but prepared under the grill as we used to, and maybe a little nod to Mrs Cohen in Life of Brian at one stage.

2 Likes

Made me think of:

Advisory: No vinyl was harmed in the making of this video :laughing:

3 Likes

Great song!

One hit wonder?

Great video - can’t recall ever seeing that.

3 Likes