Enjoying my Nait Xs 3 thanks to you guys

Thanks to this community, I could solf the speaker hum I had after changing my Denon PMA 2000E for a Nait XS3. Turns out the Marantz streamer needed grounding. Now a verry happy first time Naïm user.
Thanks for having me!

14 Likes

Beautiful set up by the way

Welcome to the board and enjoy your beautiful setup. I previously owned the XS2 and I wish I would have kept it as it performed so damn well. The siren song of upgradeitis caught me.

2 Likes

Glad you are enjoying it.

That looks the business.
Love my XS3 and hope you do too it’s a terrific bit of kit for the money. Enjoy.

2 Likes

I bet the XS3 sounds great with your ProAcs!

1 Like

Thanks. Unfortunately upgradeitis comes with the hobby. Already looking for ways to improve, without breaking the bank😁

2 Likes

Don’t be in a massive rush to make changes and certainly not to do too many back to back. What you have is a very capable and enjoyable system.
A typical path forwards is adding a HiCap DR and a move to a Supernait.
Obvious considerations beyond that may also include a dedicated rack, be that Naim’s Fraim or other similar options, then you have Naim Powerline cords and of course making optimisations to your AC power arrangements in particular having a dedicated supply for your system.
Lots of options and wherever you take your system you’re in a good place to enjoy what you have and improve upon that as time and funds allow.

3 Likes

Marcusman,
:grinning:
Generally ProAcs are easy to drive, I listen relatively low volume too (ave. 55 Dbs) so never strained (= lots of headroom).
Working from home has never been so enjoyable!
Famous last words but no upgradeitis just enjoying the tunes - long may it last.

1 Like

Yeah I love my ProAc’s as well. Free words of wisdom from Mr.M above. Don’t be in a rush to make changes…

3 Likes

See if a full Powerline is available in your area. The best upgrade on a pound per sound basis i.e it is highly cost effective

1 Like

Thanks Ian,
That is going to be my next upgrade.
Only mot sure if the amp is the first kit to receive it.
As I understand it is beter to do the source first.

2 Likes

That’s a can of worms in itself.

Hope all goes to plan

Ian

1 Like

An opportunity for some fun experimentation - just buy one and try it on various parts of your system. If you hear a difference, great, keep it there. If not, no harm done!

Mark

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.