Ethernet cable test, 4 cables go head to head

:large_blue_diamond: @Innocent_Bystander

Hi…:slightly_smiling_face:

If you have,.or feel the need to continue “talking” about something off topic of a thread…
Then you are welcome to start a new thread regarding what you feel you want to vent.
Then the thread the OP started will be easier to follow,.if we stay as close to the main topic as possible.

Some deviations are always okay,.I think everyone accepts that, but in-depth discussions should be held in a separate thread on the subject.

Just My Two Points…:smiley:

1 Like

I looked up the product and you’re correct. There are no compliance markings on it, either CE (for the EU) or UKCA (for the UK). Nothing on their website either.

If this is the case, it is illegal to be sold in the UK or EU.

Fortunately, Naim products have Conformity Marks.

DG…

2 Likes

:large_blue_diamond: How’s it going @Blackbird
Did you get your Neotech NEET-1008 from Mats…

Well,.he said he sent one to the south, then I understood to whom :grin:.
You haven’t received your AUVA EQ yet,.I’m getting a new shipment of AUVA EQ’s tomorrow said the notification, it’s going to be exciting.

No news on Neotech shipment at my end yet and same for Auva. I do have DIN DIN and DIN XLR Oephi cables and Ansuz A2 Speakz on the way though :+1:

I had a chat with Ansuz and got this back regarding their Speaker cables. And I must say this is exactly the match I’ve felt with Ansuz D2 switch and D2 Ethernet meaning prat and bringing out more naim out of my system :+1:

“The Ansuz cables will be an excellent choice for your Naim system. A specially from the A2 series and upwards you get extremely low inductance and capacitance. This is here insured by our Double Inverted Helix Coils. These are great parameters to suite you Naim gear.

I am myself an old fan of Naim and has own several Naim components. Some are actually still present in my house even though my main system is of course AGD products only. The best feature in Naim has always been their musicality and speed. Caricatures that will only be more profound combined with Ansuz cables.

Please do not deny yourself a chance to hear your system with Ansuz power cords and power and ground distributors. You will be choked to discover how much more potential that lays in you Naim system.”

2 Likes

You were the one who introduced the opto isolator, and there was nothing in-depth about my observation despite your suggestion to the contrary! But I’m happy to await Dunc’s preference, and if he prefers the side discussion not to continue then feel free to start a thread on the subject, whether general or that specific device, and if he’s content for it to continue then you can respond here.

1 Like

Let’s just keep it to ethernet cables if we can please.
Cheers dunc

2 Likes

Hi :slightly_smiling_face:
I will definitely take your advice…
AND,.this thread has me wanting to listen to the same Anzus ethernet cable you have.

But first I have some new things that I’m waiting for,.and that will be installed in the system.
But later this fall,.I think I’ll get the chance :smiley:.

1 Like

Now is a good time to keep eye on D2 series since they are upgrading everything to level 3 now so some good clearance deals can be made. I’m suspecting cables will be updated to 3 this fall.

1 Like

Hemingway asked for, just need to pay now.
Think it’s a week for delivery.
Hopefully i can keep this one a bit longer, as once again i did a quick comparison with the omega and audioquest, and i was certain i had picked the right one for me.

3 Likes

I just got the Smoothlan and the most noticeable change is more impact and drive. Not really what I was expecting considering the name!

2 Likes

Please say what your system consists of.

Can you say what components his system contains?

Hello :slightly_smiling_face:
To my ears,.that sounds like positive qualities.
BUT,.keep in mind that the small link cable sounds better musically in one direction,.try reversing the cable.

AND,.to me SmoothLAN sounded better with the text on the underside of SmoothLAN in the direction of the signal towards the streamer.

AND,.it gets better and better in the next few days.
Already after 24 hours on a playlist something good had happened vs the soundquality.
After about a week it started to “really sing” at my place,.and at a friend of mine.

1 Like

I will today get Oephi Immenance ethernet and also a switch called Reiki Superswitch master pro with external power supply with including Reiki ethernet from the UK company Reiki.

2 Likes

Then to start saving for the £217k new dCS Varese system😉

1 Like

It’s been requested before because without that information anything to do with cables & switches etc is meaningless to others , but each time he has declined, IUUC for security reasons as his identity ix known in some quarters.

1 Like

Are you referring to the owner of the system referenced?

I was referring to Peder, as per @JimDog’s first request to which I responded

I see. If it’s all the same to you. I can tell you something about the system of the person modifying the PN. First, of course it’s the PN and then a Mac mini with a homemade PS. The DA-converter is a construction of his own and so are the amplifiers. Speakers are Audio Artistery Beethoven Elite with a modified active filter. I think he has 4 stereo amplifiers. Cables in his system comes from different manufacturers. Loudspeakercables are Legenburg, no longer manufactured and USB- and Ethernet are Neotech silver. He does not have a preamp because he sees it as a comporomise with sound quality. To me this system sounds like it’s from another world. It’s something special to hear. My system is like a toothpick in comparison. His amplifiers are class D. I can’t help you with any technical questions, sorry.

For everyone to understand. To the left is Lucifer recording this system for his Youtube channel and to the right is the guy building his system trying to increase the volume with his newly built remote. The episode will be called “system from another world”.

3 Likes