Ethernet cable wall --> router --> switch

Can you say how you have used 4G to stream digital files into a hi-fi system?

I have a 4G/5G router - ZTE MC801A. My streamer connects to that through WiFi.

What streamer and system do you have?

Not sure of the relevance here ? As ever, I’m simply suggesting people try the alternative rather than assume that cables and switches will be better.

But since you ask - I stream Tidal Max through my Sony TV, NAD M10 used as a pre-amp, NAD M22, NEAT XLS.

Can I ask - have you tried WiFi and/or 4G/5G ?

I tried WiFi when I had a 272/555DR but preferred ethernet.

I’ve never tried WiFi into my ND5XS2.

(Might be worth trying).

I have never used 4G for streaming, always wired internet - currently full fibre.

1 Like

This is also 100% true for things like banana plugs. Notice how plugs have gotten more expensive and exotic, and yet it is actually very hard to find dedicated solder-on plugs. Everything is ultra fancy screw-ons. Which totally defeats the purpose. They are just fancy decorative hunk of metal.

In my case, solder-ons are not even available in the country anymore. I have to order decent Deltrons from the UK. The whole market just went for ease of install aimed at people with deep pockets and a love of shiny things.

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t think a cable is a cable. They do make a difference. But it’s not really about cost and bling bling terminations. It’s largely about correct cable selection for the scenario and noise rejection methods. For unshielded network cables, a well terminated regular RJ45 and a ferrite choke will do me fine. Ditto banana plugs. A decent cable but Naim plugs or Deltrons matched to the material of the speaker terminals will do the job without the expense of “connection jewels”.

2 Likes

I’m using gateway hardware manufactured by Technicolor using Broadcom chips.
Streamer is Allo DigiOne Signature with Paul Hynes PSU feeding external Loxjie D50 DAC with AKM 4399 chip via coax.

I agree. I use Switchcraft 3502AAU RCA connectors for my interconnects. They cost about $5 a piece. I know a highly regarded boutique cable manufacturer that uses them rebranded on cables that sell for several hundred dollars.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.