Ethernet Switch and Cables Mania

I’m not currently attending this one - I thought it only fair to let others have a chance.

‘anchor the table?’ Aargh…

Whoops sorry…

Ahh that’s a shame… from the back chat we are hoping this session is more about what we are talking about there… rather than focusing on another tour.

OK that gives a reason - I’ll see if there’s space available.

2 Likes

Me neither i decided to sit this one out…daughters 21st as well

OK request sent.

But Ray
If it’s all bollocks why do you read it?

Are you saying that no Ethernet cables make a difference to SQ?!

@Xanthe haha try to put AQ diamond and chord music price for 5m:)

I didn’t want to scare people that much! :rofl:

2 Likes

I can put them in (for a larf)
How does £3439.00 & £11199.00 tickle your chuckle button

1 Like

Would be interested to hear your thoughts on BJ vs Vodka.

I’ll let you know.

1 Like

Up to a point, it is entertaining and useful then it all gets out of hand and turns into a slanging match or a d**k waving contest.

1 Like

… ditto… @anon4489532 what BJC Cat did you order ???

Sorry when I mentioned bedding the cable in, I didn’t mean from new just the new connection.

I would have thought the best way to compare would be to listen to a complicated well known piece then immediately change the cable and listen again - both cables having previously been “run in” from new.

There are some who find it really, really interesting, which to the average punter can seem OTT. I’ve certainly not seen any willy waving here - in fact it’s more the opposite with people suggesting that el cheapo wires can equal those the price of a small car. My view is that thread has slightly obsessive tendencies but it’s possible to dip in and out and take from it what you wish. If people are passionate about something, that’s fine. The Forum is a broad church.

I’ve ordered a handful of BJC wires for £89 and will try them against the AudioQuests, which cost a lot more. If the BJC are as good, I may even make a few quid. That’s pretty reasonable I think.

5 Likes

Vodka is very useful for cleaning skin before applying HRT patches - wiping it over the area reduces the bacterial population without leaving a residue or toughening the skin.

Those of use who have never heard a cable ‘run in’ must be lucky - we can do valid tests straight away.

1 Like

The standard Cat 6. I didn’t understand what 6a meant, so went for 6. I’ve ordered a brown one, a red one, a black one, a white one and a purple one, so I can do extensive testing on how the colour affects the sound.

6 Likes