Euro 2024

Cow’s backside and banjo comes to mind…

1 Like

That’s alright then :slightly_smiling_face:

:rocket:

I hope España beat the s**t out of France.

2 Likes

I feel for Portugal. They were the side that showed ambition to win the game, while France were ultra cautious, seemingly hoping for a mistake. A pity to see the latter rewarded, though all of France’s penalties were excellent.

1 Like

Spain v France - hmmm. Can’t work out who’ll win that one

1 Like

France still only scored 4 goals in the tournament I believe and half of those are own goals!

1 Like

Just occurred to me about young aspiring French footballers at home watching their national team play in this manner.
Great role model and inspiration :exploding_head:

1 Like

French were lucky. Pepe player of the tournament so far.

1 Like

Well that was an interesting couple of games thought Germany might’ve scrapped though.

Looking forward to tomorrows games.

Having seen yesterday’s games I think England stand as good a chance as any.
I hope the rumour that we are going to playing with a back three is true as it moves us up the field with width.

Portugal deserved something more but Rafa Leao disappointed me once again:one shot on goal and that was all.Embarassing.

Sorry, but when players cheat and indulge in such gamesmanship I think for a change we should stop blaming the ref for a virtually impossible job and the players should take responsibility.

It was a lively, physical game, marred for me by endless simulation.

But then it wouldn’t be football would it?

Bruce

8 Likes

And this is why I am not that bothered about the Euro’s or football in general.

If VAR can rule on aspects of the game then why not use it to assess whether a player is actually injured, if it is a simulated injury then off to the Sin Bin for 15 minutes.

It’s easy to referee a match between gentlemen, the referee’s ability can be seen in matches like last night’s one. This referee, clearly in crisis, at the start of the match (probably intimidated by the atmosphere) did not warn German players, Kroos above all, who were practicing violent football: Pedri came off after seven minutes! Then in extra time he didn’t award Germany an obvious penalty for handball. The worst refereeing seen so far at Euro 2, imho.

1 Like

Sorry, completely disagree with you.
Both sides were guilty of bad fouls, cynical fouls, and simulation. I thought the referee got most decisions right. As for the handball, whilst the current rules are a joke imho, the rules were applied correctly by the referee and VAR. The decisions were corroborated by independent verification in the studio by a rules expert.

1 Like

Even though I have an opinion diametrically opposed to yours, it was a pleasure to discuss with you. As I already wrote in another thread, differences of opinion are the spice of discussion, obviously provided they remain on civil terms. Cheers, Maurizio

It’s only 3… 1 penalty and 2 own goals.
So really nothing to be proud of !
But it’s the philosophy of Deschamps: results not manners :nauseated_face:

Nervous or excited? :flushed:

Both?

2 Likes