Euro 2024

Foden really is on fire

1 Like

Looks like Foden had 3 Weetabix for breakfast… & not before time…

4 Likes

Surely, more a case of a bowl of water for the VAR ref’s dog?

After 30 minutes of play I have found the channel where the real England mens team are playing, the previous games must have been doppelgängers in a different part of the space time continuum

2 Likes

We are finally looking like the football team we were rumoured to be.

Hope this carries on into the second half.

1 Like

I am liking the new attacking team that has come from somewhere. I’m not liking the lack of skill in passing once anywhere near the Dutch goal.

A lot of hot air about how well England are…drawing 1-1 after a fortuitous penalty.

I’ll reserve my enthusiasm about the performance until after we’ve won :thinking::thinking:

1 Like

Much better. Foden playing like Foden in a more natural position. Only negative - on top but only level. Still, football which get’s fans involved is such an improvement.

Even allowing for an incredibly fortuitous penalty, I thought we played well in the first half, looking the better side.

If we can maintain this in the second half we must be in with a real chance.

2 Likes

England is giving us free football lessons

1 Like

I’m surprised people think the penalty a bit lucky. A genuinely dangerous tackle/block. Turns his back. Studs up. Nowhere near the ball.

2 Likes

There’s a good scrap about this pen between the ITV pundits

Same here in Canada 2 no’s 1 yes

1 Like

No way, Kane did exactly what he could have done. Stroke through the ball and hits something. Then does what the Spanish do… rolling and crying untill Var comes looking. And deserves a non penalty . Well done though

3 Likes

Ex players judge ref decisions on the rules they have in their heads rather than the actual rules. Anywhere else on the pitch it’s a free kick. Studs up is dangerous/reckless play.

5 Likes

I presume the Dutch TV team are going mental?

All I have seen is that Holland have a better defence than we have an attack. If Holland can turn the screw and attack then we are going to struggle.
50-50 for me at the moment.

Hope our players are realising that it is more comfortable playing in the Dutch half, keeping them under pressure, than aimlessly knocking the ball around in our half & inviting the opposition to press our less than solid defense.

Nope. Undeserved penalty, but England is better

Timber Kane at his usual dishonest, cheating, gain an advantage by any means possible, self.

The defender didn’t go in “studs up”, he was in mid air, higher than Kane, and his boot was fairly level.

Kane, on following through, hit the defender’s boot, then did his usual “Timber” act, clutching his shin and rolling around like he’d been shot.

No surprise there, then. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes