Eurovision 2024

“Nul Points…” Oof…

2 Likes

At least the best song won. And now it’s 1am. Yawn.

???
Performance - interesting, technically !
Song - no way ! But - each to his own …

I thought Croatia did well.

1 Like

The whole thing is a complete embarrassment imho, and that is being polite.

Ireland was my favourite, but Croatia was up there as well.

I think Irelands “theme” might have cost them votes from some of the more religious countries.

Shame about the Netherlands, and generally very badly, and inconsistent, handling from the EBU.

It’s funny, I thought the Irish song was absolutely dreadful. It was interesting watching it in France; the commentator was pretty good at predicting who’d give France douze points. We watched it in Crete once, and that was just the same.

Still, it was a fun evening, very much a tradition in our house. People seem keen to slag it off and I don’t understand why they feel the need. Perhaps it makes them feel superior. I think it’s great to have such a variety of music out there.

2 Likes

Tastes differ. I didn’t think the winning song was that good, but the performance itself was amazing.

Watching it used to be a tradition here as well, but I got out of it through all the political voting. Ironically this year we ended up watching (partly) because of all the politics and controversy.

Despite not completely being the trainwreck I expected, I still enjoyed it.

It is, especially the inconsistency with which the different incidents were handled.

Hats off to the Eurovision organisers.

Each year you think it can’t get any worse but each year, you are proved wrong. The organisers excelled themselves this year!

I only watch in memory of my long deceased parents, who always loved it, but I think last night was the last time.

Sorry mum & dad…

4 Likes

IMG_5153

3 Likes

But it’s far more imaginative than posting yet another tedious picture from the internet.

Joke = 2
Comment = nil pois 0
Lighten up.

IMG_7317

The Eurovision worth watching :face_with_peeking_eye:

1 Like

Nile peas.

1 Like

I thought you were in France not Egypt. :wink:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.