Ext streamer for Uniti2

Hi

Looking for recommendations for a reasonably priced external Streamer for my Uniti2 to expand access to Roon Tidal Connect, Air play etc.

What is “reasonably priced”?

1 Like

I am pleased with this for that kind of purpose (not using roon though):

Ifi Neo Stream

Inputs:

Wi-Fi
Ethernet (M12 X-code 8-pin/RJ45/Optical)
USB-A and USB-C (front panel) (USB DISK, HDD etc.)

Supported Formats:

DSD: up to 512 / 22.6MHz
PCM: up to 768kHz
MQA: Full Decoder

Outputs:

Analogue:
Balanced 4.4mm 4V RMS / UnBAL RCA 2V RMS

Digital:
USB-C (front panel)
USB3.0 Type-A Socket x2 (USB2.0 compatible)
S/PDIF Optical (PCM up to 192kHz, 24-bit)
S/PDIF Coaxial (PCM up to 192kHz, 24-bit)
AES/EBU (XLR – single link, PCM up to 192kHz)
I2S via HDMI connector

Options:

Digital Filters for Analogue Output:
BP, Min, STD, GTO

Analogue/Digital/USB selectable outputs

Exclusive modes:
AIO (All In One)
DLNA
Tidal
Roon
Signalyst

NAD CS1 ÂŁ299 does all the things you mention.

Just as a further; a very good lower cost option is a Cambridge Audio MXN10 or AXN10. Performance is very good, whether used as a transport or using its analogue outputs.

AFAIK the NEO is the same as the Ifi Zen Stream with an onboard DAC (the Stream being just a transport).

I’ve had great results with the Zen Stream for a couple years now. But several users have reported massive frustration with Roon and promised but never delivered features. As I only use local NAS streaming and web radio, I don’t encounter such issues.

Yes, Zen Stream might actually be enough if DAC of NU2 will be used. I have understood that the teething problems have been at least partly solved by subsequent firmware updates (latest in May 24).

Edit: Zen Stream does not seem to be available anymore (at least not listed among the other Ifi products by the local dealer)

It’s still available to order online direct from Ifi.

@Nzgaz have you found a suitable solution yet? If you have could you share what that was. It would be interesting to know for future reference.