F1 - 2019 Season

Now, this is a bit silly, isn’t it? The folks who don’t want to know the result should just avoid this thread until they watch the GP, so the rest of us can celebrate or commiserate the results.:sunglasses:

By the way, one of the best races in a long time. :racing_car::racing_car::racing_car::racing_car::racing_car::racing_car::racing_car::racing_car::racing_car::racing_car::racing_car::racing_car::racing_car::racing_car::racing_car::racing_car:

1 Like

Agreed.

Well done Kubica!:wink:

I agree, I suspect those want to watch the later transmitted highlights & not be aware of the results will also avoid radio, TV & www news.
If we can agree this thread will carry the results before C4 transmit in UK & Ire … lets hear it Yes or No

• discuss - Yes
  • discuss - No

0 voters

1 Like

Yeap - Williams made it to the end. Which cannot be said of Renault…

Never mind the race. What about Vettel’s comedy moustache? Looks like Jeremy Clarkson when “being” a policeman

Village People was the first thought that struck me.

1 Like

…if you don’t want to know the results, just do not click on the link seams reasonable. For those who want to wait they can join in the conversation after watching the broadcast.

After two races Finns are leading both categories

Don’t know if this can hold very long though :sunglasses:

And who won driver of the day?

“It is I, Leclerc!”

3 Likes

Nice of Lewis to recognise Leclerc’s drive when being congratulated by his team.

Painful avoiding all media until the highlights which I could watch only this morning :flushed:!

G

@GraemeH , Sky one has broadcast the last two races live in HD. I see you have Virgin and It’s always worth checking the TV listings on race days.

1 Like

Text book race. Usual suspects. Nothing major to report except Ferrari’s ill judge team orders decision again.:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Text book indeed, a bit of a procession, I have to admit that I nodded off … it comes with age I’m told.

Apart from the Ferrari team orders I’m wondering where the speed advantage has gone, they were clearly faster at least in parts during the last two races, they were not finding it today. Have Mercedes caught up or has Ferrari lost it.

1 Like

I’ve heard that Ferrari were doing something in the corners which the FIA quietly suggested they would have to challenge and so they stopped doing it. This funnily enough matched my own uninformed suspicions! They brought in a plan b which wasn’t as consistent or successful as they would like. What that was, I have no idea.

I also read an article that Ferrari’s front wing design was initially best but leaves little room for development. Mercs and others might not have been optimum from the off, but it is more flexible in terms of design adjustment and allows for updates.

Ferrari still looks a decent car though, so credit and admiration once again to Mercedes for their relentless defence of their place in the queue. And spending.

2 Likes

Hasn’t this been the case for the last few seasons Jamie? Mercedes always leave room for incremental gains over the first few races whereas Ferrari have a ‘fully baked’ car at the outset.

G

I read today this interesting article about the car design principles (aerodynamics). I thought it’s worth sharing if anyone else is interested.

2 Likes

Looks like the Ferrari upgrades have found the sweat spot.
Throughout yesterdays disrupted practice sessions, they were at the front.
Today’s FP3 proved to be much the same, plus the Honda updates seem to have done RB & TR no harm.

Leclerc has throughout looked the stronger of the two & FP3 confirmed that with 0.198 secs ahead of Vettel. Both were more than a second faster than the rest with Verstappen 1.248 secs behind in 3rd. Bottas 4th was followed by Hamilton, who was reported as struggling.
Can Merc spring another rabbit from the hat.?

Well it looks like there is a couple of pretty quick silver rabbits in the hat after all.
Leclerc hit the barriers in Q2 & will start in P10 tomorrow, so that’ll be an interesting watch
Bottas got pole - just ! Hamilton +0.059 secs behind, Vettel +0.0302 & Verstappen +0.574

A rather uneventful race. Leclerc got a raw deal leaving him out so long.

G