F1 - 2019 Season

And Ireland.
Though Sky provided full coverage on SkyOne this weekend, though I think this was due to the broadcast slot being 3 to 6 this morning, so not challenged for other content.
However Highlights only on C4 and no method of getting Sky’s F1 channel outside of any Premium ‘Sports’ channels (and ‘Sports’ read as Football) is disappointing.

Virgin Media Ireland covered the 6N Rugby with full coverage.
EuroSport coverage the Cycling & MotoGP.

Would be happy to pay for the F1 channel if it was unbundled from the Football, I have zero interest in.

BTW This is an interesting sub-segment of the Naim customer base, a “sub-niche” perhaps? Been following F1 since there was Arrows & March as manufacturers, the previous time Turbos were used, V8s, V10s, V12s, and had the pleasure of being sat on Le Source watching V8 cars going up En Rouge.

1 Like

Do people know when the highlights are on C4 in the UK ? I can’t find them on the guide or have they already run ?

Sorry Simon, I did not realise the F1 Sky deal was the same in Ireland; & after working for a company with a Galway R&D & engineering HQ for so many years I should have.

Lots of media & e-mail chat today from Galway, best wished for paddys day celebrations on one hand & commiserations of various sorts about the rugby on the other.
La fheile Padraig sona dhuit

14:00 to 16:00

1 Like

Sky are currently offering the F1 channel for £10/month for 24 months. Offer expires 1st April I think

But do you have to a Sky customer?
Is that offered through Virgin Media Ireland?

That’s on top of a Sky Entertainment package so yes you need to be a Sky customer. No idea about Virgin Media Ireland, sorry.

Unfortunately not a word of Irish, even after 19 years ‘here’.
Was relocated here in ‘99, but then spend most of the next 3 years in the US, parts of Europe, or on a plane.
Did also work for a Software company in Galway during ‘04/‘05 until they were acquired by the Dublin company I had just started working for (yes, it wasn’t coincidence!), but since then Dublin based.

See SKY have imposed all sorts of rules on C4, including one that says the race must account for less than 50% of programme content!

Painful Saturday and Sunday trying to avoid all media, tinternet, radio etc in order to have a semblance of tension for the C4 highlights.

Can’t stand that twerp Steve whatsisname and miss Karun Chandhok.

I’d happily pay £10 month for decent live coverage but with Virgin I’m scuppered there…

G

Looks like Ferrari have found the sweat spot in practice.
The new-bee Leclerc took the honours but both are faster & look to be handling a lot better than the Mercs

FP3 results
1 - Leclerc - Ferrari - 01:29.569
2 - Vettel - Ferrari - 01:29.738
3 - Hamilton - Mercedes - 01:30.334
4 - Botas - Mercedes - 01:30.389

The rest were over a second slower

Leclerc on Pole !!! & he’s second youngest pole of all time in only his 2nd race, & its a new track record.

Vettel second 0.294 secs behind
Hamilton & Bottas on second row 0.324s & 0.390s behind

The Mercs have improved a lot during the practice sessions, they started over 1 second a lap slower than the Ferrari’s. Question is how will both teams compare in race mode

2 Jaffas in the top ten too!

… and what’s more important one Sauber too :sunglasses:

Indeed, nice to see. Strange if it is the engine change that bought the improvement, but I have a feeling it’s not. Honda (OK its a new design) are doing a lot better in the RB’s & TR’s. As for Renault, apart from the orange ones, poor old Renault are having a bad weekend

Coverage on SkyOne too, again.
Wonder how long that will continue everyone fixed on the coverage, then bosh back to C4’s limited highlights.:open_mouth:

As some folks will be watching highlights later, I’m saying nothing.
Interesting race, good stuff in patches, then double trouble drama.!!!

Enjoy !!!

Aaaaaaaarggghhh!!!

So who wants to know who won? :innocent:

One of those incidents no surprise :smiley:, the other was disappointing…