F1 - 2020 Season

… not disagreeing David, just posing the question.

WTF!..not again…

Kvyat involved again !!!

That ended well !!!

Wow. I’m knackered! Bad luck Checo. Hope he gets a seat next year.

2 Likes

Well, I’ve watched the play backs but I need to watch some more as I have no idea whatsoever how on earth Romain Grosjean made it out alive. Such a terrifying freak incident and thank heavens there was no loss of life.

Peter

Loving the fact that the halo suffered no more than a little knick on the front of it as it went through the three layered steel barrier.

1 Like

Surely the barrier was defective in allowing the front of the car to pass through it?

It contained the impact well enough in one sense. The fact that it yielded probably saved RG’s life. G-meter showed 53Gs as it was. The car piercing it is a different issue (and the Halo did a superb job there), and I’ll guess we’ll see a re-design.

Yes and no. The slightly slower deceleration probably actually helped.

Like watching Kubica in Montreal, I was sure I’d seen someone die. That the broadcast showed nothing of the crash for many minutes was terrifying.

1 Like

I think if he had not been able to get out of the car unaided then the outcome would have been different, They will have to look at that. Massive relief to see him escape from that.

Ah, so that’s how you stop Lewis winning!

C’mon George!

Not sure Williams will play ball - may be C’mon Stoffel…

Depends which way Williams would like their engines tweaked next year.

1 Like

Nah, the car wins by itself. They’re going to put the tea boy in it.

Lewis Covid positive and missing the next installment.

G

Yes, I really hope George gets a chance, he has been in a complete dog of a car for too long.

2 Likes

It’s been confirmed Russel to replace LH this weekend. Good on him!
Hulkenberg will probably take his place at Williams for the Sakhir GP.

2 Likes

Yes, excellent. And Jack Aitkin into the Williams. Nice.

Though it looks like Callum Ilott has missed out on a F1 drive. Perhaps 2022.