F1 - 2021 Season

I guessed right then
He can win, but obviously needs to push

Might as well go play some music and come back with 10 laps to go, as follow the leader and manage your tyres is what we have

10s about right I think. He was pretty much alongside going in to the corner

I think a drive through would have been appropriate, the incident involved the race leader and with contact like that the risk to lose control is greater for the front car.

10 seconds is so little that many drivers would perhaps take that risk, it’s an easy way to get rid of your main competition…

2 Likes

If it was Schumacher or Senna you might be forgiven for wondering if there was a degree of intent but Hamilton has raced pretty fairly throughout his career - I don’t think this insinuation is warranted. Besides he could have taken his front wing off and Max could have driven around to win…

Absolutely this. No intent there.

I didn’t mean that as an insinuation towards Hamilton but as precedent.

Now tell me that Hammy isn’t the GOAT.

He didn’t deserve to win today.

1 Like

Wow!

G

You watched a different race.

2 Likes

Well that was worth watching!

1 Like

I did didn’t i? I guess i’ll find more likeminded people in a Dutch or Austrian bar (or web forum) than one dominated by Brits. :wink:

Outside of the UK people think those 10 seconds penalty were bogus, but that’s how it goes i guess.

3 Likes

I think they were bogus. They shouldn’t have been awarded. :grinning:

But given that they were, then Lewis to win from there is simply a stunning drive.

1 Like

He did well, needed to keep his head and push, that’s what he did

Not stunning at all, he simply has the fastest car. Then he has a team mate who is ordered to let him pass, and he has the DRS advantage in the last few laps which is another silly F1 thing that shouldn’t exist.

But i’ll let you fawn over your boy Hammy for now, well see how things go in the next couple of races. :cowboy_hat_face:

3 Likes

I think there was an inevitability about today’s first lap events given the way the 2 lead cars are so well matched and overtaking has such value with today’s cars. It was the same when Nico was racing. No intent and nothing outwardly reckless but very hard driving, daring the other driver to yield…and, as history shows, Max doesn’t yield.

I hope Max is OK and this event doesn’t spill over in to him missing other races.

There are so many situations on the GP calendar now, where thanks to the larger cars & aero effects, that 2 cars competing in to one corner isn’t tenable any more.

1 Like

I will continue to support the best driver on the grid.

You continue in denial.

I think we differ :slightly_smiling_face:

That’s okay, in the end there is only one winner, and today that is Hamilton. Congrats to him either way!

1 Like

Last year Albon got a 5s penalty for punting Magnussen off when attempting an overtake up the inside at Silverstone (not the same bend - though I saw someone suggest on Twitter that Albon overtook up the inside at Copse last year, I haven’t been able to confirm that). Horner said that was a racing incident.

It takes an actual racing driver I think to say whether or not that particular corner where Hamilton hit Verstappen should never have anyone overtake up the inside. A bunch of hifi enthusiasts don’t have the knowledge to really know that I think. Well I don’t :man_shrugging::blush: Not sure if Norris and Leclerc being overtaken by Hamilton in the same bend proves either that they gave in as they saw what Hamilton did to Verstappen or shows that it is an ok place to overtake

3 Likes